Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
putaimme
putaimme began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Please help!!!!!

Can someone please help me with getting my old calibre library onto my new computer?

Can I somehow just get rid of the caliber currently on my computer and start fresh? I've managed to add the library by switching from library to library but when I switch to the library I want it doesn't open the book as it says
" no available formats" although I see the entire book in a readable format in the library folder I placed on the desktop.
putaimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

That's your best bet.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
tomcooke
tomcooke began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
There are several ways to get the old library on the new computer.
1) Export the old library then copy those files to new computer and import them.
2) Copy the whole directory from one computer to another and then create a new library. Put in the location and check "use the previously existing library at the new location."
tomcooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by putaimme View Post
Can someone please help me with getting my old calibre library onto my new computer?

Can I somehow just get rid of the caliber currently on my computer and start fresh? I've managed to add the library by switching from library to library but when I switch to the library I want it doesn't open the book as it says
" no available formats" although I see the entire book in a readable format in the library folder I placed on the desktop.
There is a FAQ topic on this at the Calibre Help site (click Help in Calibre)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote