Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
mcandre
Connoisseur
mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Angry Bullet points indented way too much

I'm not exactly sure which component is doing this, but I often find that simple bullet lists are rendered in a way that squishes the text like 80% over to the side, with an incredible waste of space on my ereader's left side.

This often happens on my Kindle Paperwhite 3, so could be that this device renders bulleted lists poorly.

This often happens with MOBI's converted via Calibre, or converted by online-convert.com, from ePUB's.

https://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-mobi

Could be that Calibre, online-convert, or even the original ePUB's have poor CSS, I'm not sure.
mcandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stop converting to Mobi. Mobi is obsolete. Convert to KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to azw3 not mobi.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet lists, kindle, unordered list