Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
kobofan99
kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Power slide button behavior is erratic

On my 3+years Aura (1st edition) sometimes it's easy to turn on, sometimes it's difficult and sometimes the screen flashes and then stays black. It becomes easier and less erratic after updating or synching.

Last edited by kobofan99; 08-27-2017 at 06:23 PM.
kobofan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have the same problem with my Glo when trying to go to sleep mode, in 3.x firmware it worked perfectly.

Last edited by oren64; 08-28-2017 at 08:43 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I'm still running 3.12.1. No problems with the power button.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I'm still running 3.12.1. No problems with the power button.
The recommended firmware for version 3 is 3.19.5761.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
kobofan99
kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

It did work properly (99+%) with 3.x firmware.
Advert
Old 08-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The recommended firmware for version 3 is 3.19.5761.
Recommended by who? I haven't been happy with any version since 3.12.1 largely because that was the last version where the two-finger light adjustment works as expected. Every version after that introduced things like adjustment lag, or unresponsiveness, or the brightness changing in big jumps instead of smoothly, and so on.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Recommended by who? I haven't been happy with any version since 3.12.1 largely because that was the last version where the two-finger light adjustment works as expected. Every version after that introduced things like adjustment lag, or unresponsiveness, or the brightness changing in big jumps instead of smoothly, and so on.
Davidfor as well as myself.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Davidfor as well as myself.
Do not put words into my mouth.

Yes, I would recommend usually recommend 3.19.5761 to anyone who didn't want to use the 4.x firmware. But, I would always add a caveat of "unless you have a reason". The two-finger light adjustment on the Aura is a really good reason. As is the removal of ratings for sideloaded books (3.14 I think). And for a Touch, there are reasons to stick with 2.6.x. I'm really just steering people away from the 3.16.10-3.18 .x versions of the firmware (3.18.0 is OK, but 3.19.5761 fixed some things without breaking anything).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
I'm using 4.x firmware in my Kobo Touch LC and I have been expierencing the same problem. But, is good to know that isn't a hardware problem. And yes, the problem start with the firmware's update.

Uuuf! Good news....!
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
The power buttons on both of my Aura HDs have always been flaky when it comes to powering on after a complete power-off. This behaviour has been there from new (at which time they were running firmware 2.something). The power button has to be slid sideways and held several times before power-up happens.

No problems at all with a quick flip of the power button to go into sleep mode or come out of sleep mode - that always works first time.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
kobofan99

After preliminary testing, behaviour is better when sleep and turn off are set to different times (e.g 5 and 10).
Old 11-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #12
kobofan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobofan99 View Post
After preliminary testing, behaviour is better when sleep and turn off are set to different times (e.g 5 and 10).
Upon further testing, behaviour is erratic whatever the setting.

Last edited by kobofan99; 11-15-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Tags
aura, power button, power switch, synch, updating