Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Why doesn't Amazon hold these events in Seattle?
The event is being held in Santa Monica, CA. Monica is the patron saint of wives, mothers, and alcoholics. Jeff Bezos, is there something we should know about you?
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #17
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Where is Harry ... :-)

It looks like finally Kindles are being released ...
He has been conspicuously absent for a few days. Hope nothing has happened to him. Perhaps a well earned vacation?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #18
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I'm looking forward to the September 6th press conference!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #19
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I am looking forward to picking up some approximate $100 Christmas presents.

I will also add to it a book of the recipient's choice.

(It must have a screen light though.)

Last edited by SeaKing; 08-24-2012 at 04:00 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #20
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Looks like this might be an expensive month for me.

September 6th Amazon Kindles

September 12th Apple iPhone
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #21
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
He has been conspicuously absent for a few days. Hope nothing has happened to him. Perhaps a well earned vacation?
Well, I'm asking because he was challenging all those new Kindle rumors ...

:-)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Not that I can talk the Lord of the Exchequer into another reader...
Good one.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Wow, just in time for my birthday. Not that I need another ereader. Not that I can talk the Lord of the Exchequer into another reader...
Ha. My Lady of the Exchequer stole my Fire and I haven't had my hands on it for at least 3 months. So I feel completely justified in ordering myself a new one! And a new Kindle, IF it has a front glow light (certain) and has page buttons to go with the touch screen. (less certain, but essential or I keep my Kindle Keyboard 3G.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I think Tim Cook is going to make a surprise appearance and announce that iOS has been licensed to run on the new Kindle Fires.
That does not make sense in any logical way.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It wasn't meant to.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #26
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
That does not make sense in any logical way.
it was...joke.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
5 Things We Want in the New Kindle Fire
WhisperNet browsing
....[/LIST]

Free whispernet on a real tablet isn't going to happen.

I think Amazon announcing themselves as running an MVNO service for the Kindle Fire with 3g or the like would be more likely. There's been rumors about Amazon getting into the phone business all year - I think it more likely they start selling data packages to go with their Kindle Fire than going for the cellphone market.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #28
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And a new Kindle, IF it has a front glow light (certain) and has page buttons to go with the touch screen. (less certain, but essential or I keep my Kindle Keyboard 3G.)
oh, that would be soooo tempting. I've got a K3-3G with a lighted cover, but a self-lighted kindle with touch screen but also page turn buttons on the side... I *might* be able to talk the Lord of the Exchequer into it... except that I start a new job on Monday, it'll be 6 weeks before I see any money (2-week pay cycle, net 30 days), and that first pay check goes to getting my son a portable (more useful for school than a tablet). *sigh*
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #29
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I wanted to get a Touch 3G, but there are none left, so I really hope that
1. There will be a new e-ink KIndle, not just a new Fire (not interested at all in a tablet)
2. It will be 3G
3. It will have a glow light
4. And pretty please, can it have buttons too ?
5. Last, but not least : make it available from day 1 in Europe.

If all is in there, I will click that buy now button not once, but twice (I need a device for a friend, and I will get one for me too).
If it is not available in Europe, that will be a real bummer....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
oh, that would be soooo tempting. I've got a K3-3G with a lighted cover, but a self-lighted kindle with touch screen but also page turn buttons on the side... I *might* be able to talk the Lord of the Exchequer into it... except that I start a new job on Monday, it'll be 6 weeks before I see any money (2-week pay cycle, net 30 days), and that first pay check goes to getting my son a portable (more useful for school than a tablet). *sigh*
My wife is awfully jealous of my Nook ST glow. She's been waiting for the announcement of a front-lit kindle for months.

Doesn't help that the kids bent the pins on her lighted case so it tends to flicker off at times.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote