Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
Tempus Thales
Tempus Thales began at the beginning.

Device: None
Cover Sizes not viewable, what did I do?

So I realize I changed something somewhere to mess this up but just can't seem to figure out what...

Problem > When getting covers the sizes always showed up under the the choices so you were aware of what not to pick (real small ones unless you like those for some reason).

Now I have no doubt I have changed a setting (fonts?) that does not allow the sizes to fit in the window any more when you are presented with the choices. For the life of me I just can't seem to figure out what controls the font choices on this screen only (?).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

The only thing I can think of that I changed was font size in the grid view but that shouldn't change the meta data download screens should it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Tempus Thales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences:Look & Feel: Book details: Show cover size
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
Tempus Thales

Quick reply theducks

I found that and it is checked.

Strange.

I download the metadata and when it goes to the cover selection, I swear it's like i changed some font setting just in that window (which doesn't seem possible) so all the text under the choices is cut off.

Such as: Current Cov and Amazon.co but nothing else.

Still wandering around is the settings to see if I can figure out what I changed.

Thanks for trying !!!
Old 05-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Font sizes are controlled in Preferences->Look & feel though I dont see why changing that would change anything, it should just cause the text box to become larger.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
Tempus Thales

Wow, kovidgoyal are you always watching?

Amazing that you are so on top of things!

I thought I had done this already but gave it one more try...

Just as you said I had to change the Preferences->Look & feel>Interface Font back all the way to 10 and now I can see the sizes of the cover choices.

I had changed that around just to get a bit better (larger) size on the rest of the interface because of aging eyes and all that (catches up to all of use eventually).

Looks like that's the only way to get both to display properly atm. Just have to squint a bit on the side menus for authors/series.

I have had a very busy week and haven't been back to your fix for the cover problem that popped up. Many thanks again for such a quick fix!!! May add some tonight or most likely tomorrow but I'm sure it will work now!!
Advert
Old 05-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #6
Tempus Thales

Other post went to "must be approved" mystery space....

Thank you kovidgoyal for always seeming to be watching/replying!!

I went back and found that changing Preferences->Look & feel->Interface Font made the sizes viewable again.

I had changed this just to make the main menu (left column authors/series) a bit more easy to read (old eyes I'm afraid). Guess I just have to squint some.

Sent this in case you were still around.

I won't re-post the rest in case this gets double posted.

Thanks again!!
Old 05-30-2020, 05:06 AM   #7
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Tempus

If you are using Windows 10, you mighty want to look at the Accessibility settings which include things like magnifying the screen. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-easier-to-see
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:08 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well that certainly shouldnt hapen, i will take a looka t fixingit when I have the chance.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Turns out that I was wrong and this does indeed happen and is fairly difficult to fix, so as a compromise I added tooltips. You can now hoever your mouse over a cover to see its size. And once all downloads are complete the covers are auto-sorted by order of decreasing size.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #10
Tempus Thales

You are The Man!

Sorry about the double post, not sure why I suddenly got shuffled off to "must be approved" land while in and active thread and signed in. Oh well what can you do.

Your solution sounds just fine! I will be checking it out later, just popped in to see if my posts ever showed up.

Thanks again, your support for this program is FANTASTIC !!
Old 05-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Must be approved gets triggered more frequently these days to avoid SPAMMERS (who are probably have more time due to the virus.).

Multiple posts in a short Period of time is another one.
Low post count with Links and/or attachments.

Forum Mods do review and approve pretty fast (we are also stuck home).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #12
Tempus Thales

theducks - Please don't take any of that the wrong way!

It just surprised me that's all and you just hit it on the head as far as a reason! "Multiple posts in a short Period of time is another one. " That would have been within maybe 10 mins. at most. I was so surprised that he was watching that close I just jumped right on it.

No worries! Thanks for the info!