Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
"repair your kobo account" - time and progress info?

How long should "repair your kobo account" take? I've seen a previous thread where someone said it takes about 2 hours for 400-500 books. I have 900 or so book and 15 hours in it hasn't finished. Should it display some sort of progress info? Because mine certainly doesn't. Eventually I guess I have no choice but to abort this.

I ran it because syncs haven't completed since the 5th of May and though I've occasionally managed to persuade it to download new purchases, it just wouldn't admit it even knew there was one yesterday.

And "repair your kobo account" seemed like the lowest impact thing to try. I guess next it's "sign out of your account" which is what the support people told me to do when I contacted them about a similar problem about 2 years ago.

I have a Kobo Aura one with 6.21.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:41 AM   #2
ghira
Zealot

Sorry 4.21
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 04:11 AM   #3
ghira
Zealot

Well. About 16 hours in it now says "Download copertina". I'm not sure what it would say in English. Home page? Front cover? Anyway, I guess this feels like progress but it's been saying that for about half an hour.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:37 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
"Download copertina" is probably "Downloading covers". That is a step in the usual sync and should happen during the account repair.

How long it takes depends on what is wrong. If everything was OK, it can take a few minutes. The device compares what it has with what the server thinks and gets what is needed. So, if there are a lot of problems, it will take a while. But, 16 hours seems to long unless everything had to be downloaded and your connection was slow. Has it gone to sleep at any time? I can't remember if this blocks the sleep or not. If it does, that will add time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
ghira
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How long it takes depends on what is wrong. If everything was OK, it can take a few minutes. The device compares what it has with what the server thinks and gets what is needed. So, if there are a lot of problems, it will take a while. But, 16 hours seems to long unless everything had to be downloaded and your connection was slow. Has it gone to sleep at any time? I can't remember if this blocks the sleep or not. If it does, that will add time.
I disabled sleep mode entirely and left it plugged in all night. Since I'd seen a message (I think yours) from a couple of years ago saying c. 500 books could take two hours it seemed clear I didn't want sleep mode kicking in and the battery probabaly wouldn't be up to it either. It's now another few hours in and still hasn't finished. The odd thing is all the books I tried to read have always been fine.
Advert