Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
ehani
Connoisseur
ehani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
14 inch laptop

Hi, I have just bought a 14inch laptop, when I open calibre it goes full screen with no way to make it smaller, I can't use any of the plugins as I can't see the bottom of them. When I had my 15'6 laptop it showed calibre as normal size and I was able to use plugins. Can any one help please, the 14inch is an asus.
ehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
Maybe... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabl...oard_shortcuts, look at “ Resize the focused window”.
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:14 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You might get better results if you ask in the Calibre Section.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
You might try moving your mouse to an unused area of your desktop, right click and a menu will pop up, click on display settings. This opens a page. Go to the display resolution and try a different setting.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyricores View Post
That also sometimes happened on my Lenovo Thinkpad, until one day, the screen just went full black. I thought it was just a simple glitch, but the guy at the tech store told me there was a problem with my laptop. I don't want to scare you, but that might be your case as well. I even read about it in more official terms on https://10roar.com/, but I didn't understand any of it, lol. You can read the article yourself if you like. Anyways, I hope your situation is not the same as many as it kind of sucks to buy a new laptop when your perfect PC stops working.
Don't see any such article on the website you linked to.

The tech guy probably hoodwinked you, because he wanted you to buy a new laptop from the store. There are a number of reasons a black screen could happen and most of them don't require you to replace your device. (Yeah, it happened to my brand new Dell too, and the reason was the faulty update of the Intel Graphics Command Center app. Easily fixed).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote