Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iLiad
Problem with August version

HI,

I downloaded and installed the August version. I set the 100 value for touch interval. After the change, I have big problems using pop up and top menu.
I touch and nothing happens, or - with pop up window - I'm not able to select a button (the window moves and the button is not pressed).

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Do you mean the hold interval? 100 is very low — the default is 500, after all — but on most devices tapping quickly should still work. If not on the Iliad then perhaps we should consider a device-specific minimum of 200.

If you can't manage to reach the relevant menu then you can always delete or adjust the relevant setting from settings.reader.lua:

Code:
    ["ges_hold_interval"] = 100000,
Be sure to keep a backup of the file just in case.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Actually I set 100 the hold interval to highlight text with the same speed I use when I highlight text on paper based book. I tried to set 200, it is better for menu and pop up windows, but it is not good as 100 for fast highlight text and there are still problems with pop up windows.

To be honest I think this is a bug: the hold interval for touch has to be related to interaction with ebook's elements in pages, not with Koreader GUI...

Thank you for the answer

Fabrizio
Old 08-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If I understand correctly you'd like to highlight without delay. In that context talking about hold seems like a bit of a distraction. Because if it's difficult to tap in the menu since it's easily interpreted as hold, then it's just as difficult to tap in the document because it'll be interpreted as hold.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
fbrzvnrnd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If I understand correctly you'd like to highlight without delay. In that context talking about hold seems like a bit of a distraction. Because if it's difficult to tap in the menu since it's easily interpreted as hold, then it's just as difficult to tap in the document because it'll be interpreted as hold.
oh, maybe I translated incorrectly: but in this thread I understand it was related to gesture's interval:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313772

Fabrizio
Advert