Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
embryo
Evangelist
embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Glo
File Manager's icon

Does anyone know what is this little rectangle stands for?
Click image for larger version

Name:	FileManager_sml.png
Views:	48
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	172816
I can't find a pattern for them...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Looks to me like something might've gone wrong with the cover there. On the attached screenshots you can see books with and without a cover. (The sample PDF starts with a white page.)

Toggling ignore/unignore cover might work. Also if you can share a document with a failed cover perhaps we (or perhaps mainly @poire-z) can try to figure out what went wrong and try to fail better if it's due to a slightly borked document.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-08_19-59-59.png
Views:	23
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	172823  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
embryo
Evangelist
embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.embryo is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Looks to me like something might've gone wrong with the cover there.
The "Display mode" I use is "Detailed list with metadata, no images" which I find faster than with covers but more informative than the simple filenames...

@poire-z told me over at GitHub:
Quote:
...that thingy is a hint that the book has some description in its metadata that you'll be able to read after holding and View book description...
This is useful thing to know.
At first I thought that it was a book with an .sdr folder—an already opened book, because I noticed it accidentally with some books I had already read.
But then, there where some other books that I knew I had not opened yet, but did have it...

Anyway, good to know
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Oh, I knew that — sort of. I seldom encounter any files that have it, but I didn't recognize it without the cover.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote