Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Enthusiast
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3, Kindle Oasis 2 - Voyage - PW3 - K4, Kobo Mini
PocketBook InkPad 3 SmartLight handling

I know there is no koreader developer owning a PocketBook device. That is really sad. Actually it is the easiest to install koreader on a PB, it is simply a copy-paste, no need jailbreaking or kfmon or stuff.

Isn't that possible to add SmartLight somehow to the frontlight dialog somehow anyway? As I remember seeing it, somebody compiled a CoolReader version especially for InkPad 3, with SMARTlight handling funcionality. Can it be checked how it was done and add it to koreader too?

Also a bit strange that on PB each action requires 1-3 additional touch to make it happen. Also, once in a while koreader freezes and the reader should be restarted. I know these are bugs but I am not sure if it is meaningful at all to create a new thread for it, if nobody could chase the issues...

Last edited by LittleBiG; 08-08-2019 at 03:46 AM.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
LittleBiG
Enthusiast
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3, Kindle Oasis 2 - Voyage - PW3 - K4, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Also a bit strange that on PB each action requires 1-3 additional touch
I have found the answer:
This is most probably the well-known issue with lack of auto-suspension
support (#3561). Any actions taking more than 1.5 seconds like opening a book, looking up into a dictionary may lead to a freeze that is cured with tapping/clicking.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2019, 03:55 AM   #3
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Frenzie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Also note that a partial workaround is available in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540

You could try installing that plugin and reporting back what effect it has if you're not afraid to potentially waste a few minutes experimenting.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote