Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 01:54 AM   #31
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
well that was a long and winding road!
glad it's solved

I guess the moral is to check comments when you add a book.
I recall, long time ago, having a problem because a book had all of chapter 1 in its comments field! and some program or reader ( I forget which one) could not handle the length
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:03 AM   #32
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I guess the moral is to check comments when you add a book.
Yes! I will always check them now!

all for your help!!!
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #33
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The problem is the comments in book 1003, "... in the Park". The HTML for the comment is malformed. Open the book, change Comments to the HTML View, then delete the 2 <http:> found on the last two lines. I did that and it works.

I don't have time at the moment to work out which end is broken, calibre or CC. Perhaps neither.
Hi! Me again

I have another one stopping it up! How did you find the first one?

Thank you!

Old 08-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieWiccan View Post
Hi! Me again

I have another one stopping it up! How did you find the first one?

Thank you!

• I changed the value for "Maximum number of books in OPDS feeds to 10. This limits the number of books needing checking.
  • Sorted calibre by title
  • In CC's content server connection, got books by title.
  • Looked at the last title in CC. Went to that title in Calibre.
  • Moved 10 books after that title to a temporary library.
  • Tried again. This time it went beyond that title. If it does not then move another 20 books.
  • Moved books back one by one, trying CC each time. The faulty book is the last one moved when CC stops again at the original title.
If it is the same problem then you can also look at the HTML source for the books after the failure point to see if there are any <http> tags in it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #35
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

Fixed it! Thank you so much!!!