Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
dlfuller
Enthusiast
dlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Chrome OS Local Storage

Calibre Companion is a valuable tool. Thanks. It's being used mostly on an Android tablet.

But now I have a new Chromebook tablet (Chrome OS version 74.0.3729.159) capable of running Android apps. CC (version 5.4.3.3) connects to the Content Server and works well. Downloaded books are placed into /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/.

My question is how to change that location? With internal storage space limited in a Chromebook, I'd like to have the download location instead be on an installed SD card that is Chrome OS's regular Local Storage. There is already an Android directory there by default.
dlfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #2
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfuller View Post
Calibre Companion is a valuable tool. Thanks. It's being used mostly on an Android tablet.

But now I have a new Chromebook tablet (Chrome OS version 74.0.3729.159) capable of running Android apps. CC (version 5.4.3.3) connects to the Content Server and works well. Downloaded books are placed into /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/.

My question is how to change that location? With internal storage space limited in a Chromebook, I'd like to have the download location instead be on an installed SD card that is Chrome OS's regular Local Storage. There is already an Android directory there by default.
In CC go to Settings / Formats and folders. Try to change the storage folder (probably the default). CC will show you all the storage locations it can use.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
dlfuller
Enthusiast
dlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enoughdlfuller will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Thanks @Chaley.

Dummie didn't get that on the tablet you had to tap on the small displayed "Default folder" line to then get a "Choose…" dialog.

Simple change to the Local Storage (sd card) resulted. ePubs moved there at the same time.
dlfuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrome os, chromeos