Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 PM   #1
veagles
veagles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kobo font settings apply to all books

I am new to Kobo. Just got my Glo HD. Updated to the latest firmware, applied full screen kepub patches.

After side loading all my books as kepubs, I was playing with various font settings until I could find the right combination. Now, I know what font and size is perfect for me, but I see that these settings are saved for each book. Now many of my books have weird font sizes because I was playing with the settings.

The kindle font settings apply to all books. How do I make sure my reading settings apply for all books like the kindle? Can I reset the fonts that were previously selected for other books?
veagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The font settings are saved in two places. When you change them, they are saved in the database for that book. Reopen the book, and you have the same font setting as the last time you opened the book.

The settings are also saved in the config file. When you open a new book, these are the settings used. They will also be used for any book that doesn't have saved settings.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have the perfect settings, then anything you read from now one will use these. If you reopen a book with saved settings, then you can fix them then. If you really want to remove the settings, you can use calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has function to change or delete the font settings. Otherwise, you can use an SQLite database manager to delete the saved font settings. Or removing these books will also clear their font settings.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
veagles

Thanks so much, now I understand how it works!
Old 04-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
so no way to revert to original size and tweak from the device it self?
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
so no way to revert to original size and tweak from the device it self?
No, I don't think so. Once an entry has been created in the relevant database table the values can be changed from the device itself. However the only ways to delete the entry are the 3 ways davidfor listed in his last paragraph.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #6
veagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you really want to remove the settings, you can use calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has function to change or delete the font settings.
This works perfectly.

I wish there was a patch for kindle like behavior where changing the font, line spacing, margin, thickness applies to all books.