Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah the installer changed between 76 and 78

I'm at a loss that error you're getting makes no sense (I would swear it is impossible, but...)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah brainwave are you running on a non english OS?
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
I'll be quitte happy to run .76
it's not as if the program isn't great anyway
it does all I need it for and I,m sure
you'll figure it out.
thanx for taking the time to look into it.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #19
mazzeltjes
Addict

Yes,I'm running on a dutch system
but I've been doing that from the beginning
and never had problems before
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

a recent update to the dutch translation is causing this problem. Will be fixed in the next release.
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #21
mazzeltjes
Addict

Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #22
arden66
arden66 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I'm having the same problem but...

I'm running the English version of Windows XP...

I did not load the drivers for the Sony PRS500 when prompted since: A) I have a 505 and B) I really wanted it for lit to lrf conversion anyway and wanted to try out that feature before committing to using for all functions.

Other than that it was a straight install on Windows XP that seemed perfectly normal...

Any ideas?

Arden
arden66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

See the FAQ in the user manual for what to do when calibre wont start on windows.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #24
Zyphira
Zyphira began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I have a similar problem with my notebook. Calibre will not start after I choose the storage file. Sometimes another window appears, but only briefly.

1- What can I do?
2- Where can I find previous version of this program?

Thanks for your help.

By the way, vista is in turkish.
Zyphira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

read the FAQ
Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #26
Zyphira
Zyphira began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Unhappy

Well, first thank you for your reply; be sure that before to write I've already checked the FAQ and user manual, but so far nothing works.
I've installed and uninstalled the program several times, but without any success either.

when I ran cmd.exe, here's the message that I got:

I searched for the fıle library1.db, because it seems to be the reason of this issue, but there is not such a file.

So maybe there is a very simple explanation, but I am at lost.

Last edited by Zyphira; 10-14-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Zyphira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Will be fixed in next release.