Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo series information not set

I just upgraded to calibre 3.28 from from 2.29. I have a Kobo Glo HD running firmware

I believe I installed all the appropriate plugins and set the parameters.

I'm using the extended driver, and the series information on the device doesn't seem to be getting set.

I do a convert, send it to the Glo HD, disconnect, reconnect, wait for the jobs to go to zero and disconnect again; and the series information doesn't get set.

I have "Read metadata on device" checked
I have "Update metadata on device" checked and "Set series information" checked.

This was working with calibre version 2.29. I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks for the help.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:40 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That all sounds right. The most likely reason is that on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences, the "Metadata management" setting is not set to automatic.

If that isn't the case, please run calibre in debug mode, connect the device and post the log. That usually gives a clue as to what is wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you davidfor. That was it. I missed the whole "sending books to devices" section.

As always, you are a prince among men (except when I disagree with you.)
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How I wish the series info was transferred on the initial send (I know it can't).

Loaded a bunch of books this morning before leaving town for a few days and only did the one connect. Luckily I still have a plugboard in place that prepends the abbreviated series name and index to the title.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote