Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #16
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
I agree with KevinH and DiapDealer. I really see no difference at all between having separate app instances on my desktop and having tabbed instances of multiple epubs within Sigil. IMHO if tabbed instances were implemented in Sigil then, apart from the coding difficulty, this would also unnecessarily complicate Sigil's relatively simple interface design. Separate app instances of Sigil on my desktop works just fine for me.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-17-2018 at 10:56 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #17
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect Rubén would like to open a second epub in a second instance from within Sigil itself, not via the taskbar or file manager.

BR
Indeed. I'd like to open many epubs in Sigil as I open many .docx in the same instance of Word or as to have many pages web in the same windows of my browser. But it seems that people here doesn't prefer that aproach
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #18
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's not that I don't prefer it; it's just that I'd prefer to see the developers' energies going to create stuff I can't even imagine, just as I'd never imagined Preview Panel.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #19
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
It's not that I don't prefer it; it's just that I'd prefer to see the developers' energies going to create stuff I can't even imagine, just as I'd never imagined Preview Panel.
If you like to have all epubs in a same Sigil's instance then say it , because it's a trivial thing to have that according to Kevin's words. Not as an option to users but as a definitive behaviour of Sigil (to open all epubs as you open all your web pages in the same windows of your browser). The developers are not going to waste enought energies to change that feature of Sigil (again, according to Kevin's words).
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
If you like to have all epubs in a same Sigil's instance then say it , because it's a trivial thing to have that according to Kevin's words. Not as an option to users but as a definitive behaviour of Sigil (to open all epubs as you open all your web pages in the same windows of your browser). The developers are not going to waste enought energies to change that feature of Sigil (again, according to Kevin's words).
For me, when I have multiple epubs open in Sigil, I have two instances open, one on each of my dual monitors. I find my use of Sigil is not like web browsing when I often use multiple tabs and windows and am switching between them constantly, instead I am concentrating on one or at the most two instances which I want visible at the same time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:11 AM   #21
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect Rubén would like to open a second epub in a second instance from within Sigil itself, not via the taskbar or file manager.
That would be useful.

I would not want more than one book open in each instance.
Unlike say Word where you normally have only one view of each file, Sigil can have dozens of files in each epub open at once, it would be even more confusing to have more tabs visible.

One thing I would like: I can transfer text between instances using the clipboard. But to transfer a file (e.g. an image) I have to save it out and then import it into the other instance.
I would like to have a "copy" and "paste" option in the browser pane that allows me to do that between instances. It would save time and me making a lot of temporary files that I can forget to delete
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #22
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post

One thing I would like: I can transfer text between instances using the clipboard. But to transfer a file (e.g. an image) I have to save it out and then import it into the other instance.
I would like to have a "copy" and "paste" option in the browser pane that allows me to do that between instances. It would save time and me making a lot of temporary files that I can forget to delete
^^^^ +1

Copy/pasting files between "books" would be Yuge!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote