Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
vil_coyotte
vil_coyotte began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Calibre content server on linux error

Hi,
in first, please, excuse my english, but it is nit my mother languages, so...

I have a problem with calibre 0.9.5 on linux.
My distribution is debian 6.0
I install calibre with the command line present on the download page, all is ok.
When i launch calibre, i always have the same error:
"Impossible de démarrer le serveur de contenu. Erreur: Error ('No socket could be created')"
Does anyone have somme idea ?
I will run calibre on my own server in order to share my books with all readers of my familly, on my private network only.

Thanks a lot for your help.
best regards.

Vil_coyotte
vil_coyotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On linux if you are trying to runa server on a port less than 1024 you have to be root, otherwise you hav to choose a port higher than 1024. The server's default port is 8080, did you change that?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
vil_coyotte
vil_coyotte began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Hi,
in first, thanks for your answer

Yes, i have change the server port to 8218.
It seems i have make a misconfiguration.
When i run calibre, i go to the preference. Then, i choose the 8218 port.
But, when i configure the wireless port, i don't know why but i choose the 1018 port.

So, the configuration was not good.
I have reconfigure all (port of the server 8218, port of wireless don't use fix port), and restart the server.
I seems that under linux, the server port of calibre and the wireless fix port cannot be the same...

Thanks a lot.
Best regards
Vil_coyotte
vil_coyotte is offline   Reply With Quote