Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 06:05 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Calibre-server doesn't honor custom book list settings?

I am trying to deploy the Calibre server using calibre-server from the command line. I have used the main GUI to set up a username and password, I have configured a book list template for the custom book view, and I start the server with the --enable-auth flag. It asks me for a username and password, which it picks up from what I set in the GUI. I go to the custom book view, but I get the standard default "custom" view instead of what I specified in the GUI. If I run the GUI and start the server from there, I get my customised "custom" view as expected. I'd prefer not to have to run the GUI to achieve this.

Also, I specify a thumbnail height of 70px in the "book list template" settings, but this is also used in the "cover grid" view, not just the "custom" view. Shouldn't the "book list template" settings just apply to the "custom" view, in accordance with the comment "Here you can create a template to control what data is shown when using the Custom list mode for the book list". I like small cover thumbnails in the custom view, but I'd still like to have normal-sized thumbnails in the cover grid view.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Choose the custom list in the browser (i.e. click the 3 dots button in the top right corner and change Book list mode)

And the size of thumbnails in the cover grid in no way depends on the size specified for the custom list, it is automatically calculated based on the current browser window size. Resize the window and see it change.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Choose the custom list in the browser (i.e. click the 3 dots button in the top right corner and change Book list mode)
Yes, I know. That isn't the issue.

Running the GUI, I connect to the content server, and what I see is shown in the attached image (gui.jpg). I close the GUI and run calibre-server instead, then refresh the page in the browser; the result is quite different (server.jpg).

It seems that the server is not finding my custom settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gui.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	160984   Click image for larger version

Name:	server.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	160985  
Old 12-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The standalone server uses the --custom-list-template option for that, as is noted in the --help output.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:33 AM   #5
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The standalone server uses the --custom-list-template option for that, as is noted in the --help output.
OK, thanks.
Advert

Tags
content server