Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #196
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Well, as luck would have it, I received it today, so no pictures necessary.
I wished the fit was a little more snug, actually - but it will do quite nicely!
And, it has to be said, the price is right. less than 12€ each delivered to my house is hard to beat!
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #197
jaqen
jaqen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Moleskine cover available

I went to an Indigo in Toronto, thinking I was getting the Moleskine for the Kobo Wifi, which would've been too big for the Kobo Touch. I thought I could cut the foam out to wedge the Touch into that, but as it turned out, there's a new Moleskine cover for the Touch! It's CAD 49.95, which is expensive, but it's a sweet cover and comes with the notepad, which I'm finding extremely useful while reading.

(It's not available from Indigo's online store yet. The model there is still for the Wifi only.)
jaqen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 AM   #198
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqen View Post
I went to an Indigo in Toronto, thinking I was getting the Moleskine for the Kobo Wifi, which would've been too big for the Kobo Touch. I thought I could cut the foam out to wedge the Touch into that, but as it turned out, there's a new Moleskine cover for the Touch! It's CAD 49.95, which is expensive, but it's a sweet cover and comes with the notepad, which I'm finding extremely useful while reading.

(It's not available from Indigo's online store yet. The model there is still for the Wifi only.)
Very nice. I really should post some pictures of my homemade moleskine case. It sure is a little pricey though.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #199
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I just bought this one off Ebay. I like that it's real leather, that's one of the reasons I went with that one.
Just wondering how you like your skindigital case? I just bought a Kobo Touch, and I am looking for a case. Thank you.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #200
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
Just wondering how you like your skindigital case? I just bought a Kobo Touch, and I am looking for a case. Thank you.
I bought the SkinDigital for my daughter a couple of weeks ago, it's essentially a clone of the CaseCrown which I have for my own KT, but in real leather and $10 cheaper! It's a *great* case (actually, both of them are), no regrets whatsoever. The fold-back feature is awesome, makes one-handed reading very simple as there are places to hook your fingers into to hold on, and also great for clipping a LED light to...

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #201
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I have 2 skindigital covers and they are really great and so cheap!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #202
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting that they are real leather too.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #203
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...over-Flip.html

I just ordered this for my new white/silver Kobo Touch. Can't beat free shipping. I just hope it arrives soon, using the leather sleeve from my kobo wifi in the time being.
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #204
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
Thanks for the link. I can see the stand being useful for reading in a restaurant.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #205
tracings
Enthusiast
tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook HD, Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
New at Best Buy: Rocketfish case

Best Buy is carrying a $20 cover/case for the Kindle 4 and Kobo Touch from Rocketfish:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...CZ5jAbhY772IPX

I picked one up, and posted about it on a different thread. I thought some here might also be interested in features not mentioned on the website, but I'm not quite sure how to link to that, so here's a summary:

* the cover folds all the way back and the elastic loop will hold it in place for one-handed reading.

* a slot in the inside "spine" allows you to stash a pen in the cover, and there is a pocket on the inside cover to hold paper, cards, etc.

* the little "flags" on the elastic band are removable (they've got velcro.) Apparently, the idea is that you can indicate your ereader with a particular color, and your significant other could use a different "flag" to indicate their possession.

* the inside is lined with a suede-like material that feels really nice in the hand. Really, really nice.

* the Kobo (or Kindle) is held in place by 4 elastic loops with a leather-like material reinforcement on the portions that actually touch the ereader.

* the outer cover is some sort of nylon that seems to resist coffee rings as well as dust.

Overall, it seems like a pretty nice cover to me. The pen-holding aspect was a pleasant surprise, and for some one who reads mainly library books, it's been nice to have a pen handy to make notes, as I wait for highlighting to come to sideloaded books.
tracings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #206
missimpossible
Groupie
missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Clara 2e, Oasis 3
Hi, I'm getting a Kobo Touch for my Christmas and was wondering where the best place to get covers for it would be in the UK? I've seen a couple in WH Smith and on Amazon, but I'm wondering if there's anywhere else. Looking for a bookstyle cover moreso than a case.
missimpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #207
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...over-Flip.html

I just ordered this for my new white/silver Kobo Touch. Can't beat free shipping. I just hope it arrives soon, using the leather sleeve from my kobo wifi in the time being.
update:

the case arrived today from Hong Kong. Pretty fast for free shipping!
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #208
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

I purchased the Kobo Touch Canvas case yesterday. I am impressed with it. Very nice case. One thing though. It reeks of a strong pinesol-like odour! Has anyone experienced this with their case?
I just put it out in my sunroom, which is cool and airy. I hope that works!

My Touch now smells too because of the case. Ugh!
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #209
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
a question for anyyone that purchased this digital skin case:
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

Doesn't that enclosure tab get in the way? (the one with i presume the clasp)
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #210
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfaust View Post
a question for anyyone that purchased this digital skin case:
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

Doesn't that enclosure tab get in the way? (the one with i presume the clasp)
I just hold it out of the way with my fingers as I hold the cover.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel