Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-25-2022, 08:38 AM   #2011
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
The Wolf's Hour by Robert R. McCammon is part of the Kindle Daily Deal today for $1.99.

I haven't read this one yet, but every book I've read by McCammon has been a banger, so I suspect this should be a good one too.

https://smile.amazon.com/Wolfs-Hour-...l-text&sr=1-33
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:46 AM   #2012
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
The Wolf's Hour by Robert R. McCammon is part of the Kindle Daily Deal today for $1.99.

I haven't read this one yet, but every book I've read by McCammon has been a banger, so I suspect this should be a good one too.
I've not read it yet either. To me it's always sounded silly. But it's also one of his more popular books, and it has a sequel. So in this case, looks like I'm on the wrong side.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 07:11 AM   #2013
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thanks to Zodwallop for mentioning Twelve Gauge, by Ronald Kelly, when it was on sale.

I have a number of titles by Kelly, but not that one. I purchased it and am currently reading it. I'm 30% into it (it's a long novel, by the way), and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Recommended, so far.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #2014
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks to Zodwallop for mentioning Twelve Gauge, by Ronald Kelly, when it was on sale.

I have a number of titles by Kelly, but not that one. I purchased it and am currently reading it. I'm 30% into it (it's a long novel, by the way), and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Recommended, so far.
Hey, I'm reading Undertaker's Moon by Mr. Kelly!

I have the same feeling I had when I read Nightscape by Stephen R. George: This guy is a far better writer than his Zebra roots and relative obscurity would make you think.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:52 AM   #2015
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've been slowly reading The Wolf's Hour.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #2016
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I've been slowly reading The Wolf's Hour.
Slow because you're busy? Or slow because it isn't engaging you?
Old 01-28-2022, 07:55 AM   #2017
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I wondered that too.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:43 AM   #2018
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I've been making slow progress on Undertaker's Moon. I would be grinding through it, but am getting ready to take a trip next week.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the book and if I haven't finished it on Monday, I plan on polishing it off on the plane ride.

Like most horror authors of the '80's, Ronald Kelly is trying to ape some of the style of Stephen King. Unlike most of those others though, he's managing to succeed pretty well. Maybe that is a backhand compliment. But I like the book and would recommend it.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:47 AM   #2019
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Savage Dead by Joe McKinney is $1.99 at Amazon US.

Zombies on a cruise ship. What could go wrong?

McKinney has a couple of different zombie series (he's found his niche) all with similar cover designs. But this book is a standalone, unrelated to anything else he has written.

Quote:
The Voyage Begins

It starts in a laboratory. A man-made strain of flesh-eating virus. Created by a power-hungry cartel. Capable of turning victims into brain-dead carnivores. Smuggled aboard a cruise ship that's about to set sail. . .

The Virus Spreads

One by one, the passengers are exposed. A U.S. senator. A young couple. An undercover agent. A beautiful assassin. Some will be infected. Others will survive. But no one will be spared if the outbreak isn't contained--and the dead outnumber the living. . .

The Corpses Rise

Enter Delta Force operative Juan Perez. He's fought the deadliest killers in the darkest hellholes on earth. But he's never seen anything like this--an apocalyptic cargo of pure zombie mayhem heading for the coast. If Perez and his SEAL team can't stop it, America, and quickly the entire population of the world, are finished. The plague years will begin. . .
Old 01-28-2022, 09:51 AM   #2020
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

They Came with the Storm by Christopher Coleman is $0.99 at Amazon US.

This author has multiple books called 'They Came with the...' and (confusingly) they are not part of a series (though some of those books have then had sequels). Point is: He needs to get more creative in his naming.

Quote:
It started with a raging dust storm. Then they came. And everything changed.

Through an innocent act of mischief, a trio of ancient witches is unleashed in the small town of Clayton, New Mexico.

Years later, a dust storm suddenly appears across a stretch of Interstate 412, creating a massive crash that includes Chris Boylin and his daughter, Jaycee. They are uninjured, but while Chris goes to assist others who were not so lucky, his daughter disappears.

In the thick air of the storm, just before the clouds clear, Chris sees a pair of haunting shapes outlined in a glow of light.

The search for Jaycee dead ends, but a website article about an abduction in 1939--one eerily similar to Jaycee's--leads Chris to an elderly man named Arthur Richland, whose terrifying childhood story of his sister Ruby just might be the answer to saving a missing girl's life.

What came with the storm? And are they responsible for the mysterious disappearances?

They Came with the Storm is a standalone novel, not part of a series.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:21 AM   #2021
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've been making slow progress on Undertaker's Moon. I would be grinding through it, but am getting ready to take a trip next week.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the book and if I haven't finished it on Monday, I plan on polishing it off on the plane ride.

Like most horror authors of the '80's, Ronald Kelly is trying to ape some of the style of Stephen King. Unlike most of those others though, he's managing to succeed pretty well. Maybe that is a backhand compliment. But I like the book and would recommend it.
How are the typos in this book? I was reading the synopsis (which sounds great) on Amazon and there were several typos in the synopsis which makes me wary of buying it. I hate when there are a lot of typos in an ebook, it tells me that it's poorly edited. Typos are something that should be easily found and fixed by a publisher. They tend to distract when I'm reading a book.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #2022
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
How are the typos in this book? I was reading the synopsis (which sounds great) on Amazon and there were several typos in the synopsis which makes me wary of buying it. I hate when there are a lot of typos in an ebook, it tells me that it's poorly edited. Typos are something that should be easily found and fixed by a publisher. They tend to distract when I'm reading a book.
I haven't noticed any in the book. But then to be clear, I also only noticed two in the synopsis (The should have been Then and thing should have been things). Could be my eyes aren't as sharp as yours.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #2023
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
I haven't noticed any in the book. But then to be clear, I also only noticed two in the synopsis (The should have been Then and thing should have been things). Could be my eyes aren't as sharp as yours.
I'm picking it up, just so I can yell at you if there are a bunch of typos later when I read it.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #2024
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I'm picking it up, just so I can yell at you if there are a bunch of typos later when I read it.
Luckily I have these babies standing by:
Old 01-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #2025
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Ah. It's engaging but not something I want to read all the time, if that makes sense. I tend to read a few books at once and bounce between them

This one is well written but lengthy, and it takes place between two time periods, which can slow me down on a book.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote