Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
repilo
Enthusiast
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Need a trick to get around the Kobo page-break-before limitation

I have installed KoboTouchExtended and configured Calibre for sending books to a Kobo device in kepub format.
The problem is that Kobo ignores the "page-break-before" code where it appears, which I put in for a reason.
I have found a workaround that consists of converting the epub to epub, which creates a new html file in each "page-break-before".
I would like to know if it is possible that when I click on "send to device" the files will be split in each "page-break-before" and then converted to kepub. Is that possible?
Thanks.
repilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:25 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can use the Kobo Output plugin to do a conversion. This is basically a conversion to epub followed but the kepubification that the extended driver does. Once that is installed, disable the KoboTouchExtended driver. Then in the configuration of the KoboTouch driver, remove "epub" from the supported formats and make "kepub" the top format. After doing that, when you send a book to the device, it will be converted to kepub before being sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:58 AM   #3
repilo
Enthusiast
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can use the Kobo Output plugin to do a conversion.
I can't find "Kobo Output plugin" in my Calibre/Preferences/Plugins.
repilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:01 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
I can't find "Kobo Output plugin" in my Calibre/Preferences/Plugins.
Sorry, that should have been "Kepub Output plugin".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote