Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 04:36 AM   #61
PT Sanctified
PT Sanctified began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Experienced rooter for android devices - had no idea there was this kind of work going on for Kobo ereaders - THANK YOU SO MUCH

Can confirm working wonderfully with Kobo Glo HD FW v4.15.12920
PT Sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:59 PM   #62
tha
tha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
?

So, I only have one PNG file showing up when I open the file above. What do you mean by putting it "in the root of your device", please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Zann View Post
Just tried, and it works fine with my Kobo H20 (firmware 3.16 + patch). This is how I proceed:

• First, copy the two PNG files in the root of your device. And only them. Disconnect the device, and you should see the two images files in the library. I simply opened both. At this point, you don't need the KoboRoot.tgz file on the device.

• Then, reconnect your device. Now you must copy the KoboRoot.tgz file into .kobo folder. Once done, you disconnect your device. Shut it down, restart it. And now if you click on the logo, you have the corresponding function. In other word, if you click on the night mode picture, your kobo should magically switch to the night mode.

I hope it'll help

And now the most important thing: a very big THANK YOU to surquizu
tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:56 PM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha View Post
So, I only have one PNG file showing up when I open the file above. What do you mean by putting it "in the root of your device", please?
The chances are very good that the nightmode hack will not work on your current firmware.

I would suggest looking at NickelMenu as a better method of handling invert screen or darkmode toggling. Check the NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:23 PM   #64
giacoboh
giacoboh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Libra H2O
Do you have suggestion for switching the backlight on using physical buttons?
giacoboh is offline   Reply With Quote