Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Library is read only----Help

I have an newly purchased Pixel 2 XL 128 GB on Oreo 8.1 Security Patch 06/05/18.Build OPM4.171019.021.E1

I own CC on iOS as well as Android.

I cannot connect using my Pixel. I keep on getting the above "Library is read only"

I have no issues using the iOS version.

Ps. My device has no external SD card all storage is internal....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180606-130249.png
Views:	520
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	164332  
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The "library is read only" error can happen if you restore CC's settings and library on a new device. The problem: Android on the new device does not recognize the permissions granted on the previous device. This FAQ answer describes what to do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The "library is read only" error can happen if you restore CC's settings and library on a new device. The problem: Android on the new device does not recognize the permissions granted on the previous device. This FAQ answer describes what to do.
Thank You! it works!
Old 05-06-2022, 08:40 AM   #4
aritza
aritza began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
I have that same problem. Unfortunately, the CC faq is not working. Could you tell me what the solution consists of? Thanks!
http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...lution_id=1096
aritza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:56 AM   #5
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
@aritza Unfortunately Calibre Companion has been discontinued and it's not longer supported. Your S22 is a modern phone that probably won't work with the old CC software.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:10 AM   #6
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by aritza View Post
I have that same problem. Unfortunately, the CC faq is not working. Could you tell me what the solution consists of? Thanks!
http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...lution_id=1096
From memory (and I have a bad memory) what I've tried in the past is go to Settings > Format and Folders > Select "Default Folder" option up the top > Choose Folder and reselect your existing folder where your Calibre books are again from the file picker.

I'm got a S20+ older certainly but we both should be on One UI 4.1 and Android 12 and I've got Calibre Companion working fine. It is certainly deprecated but it does work.

Edit: that is basically what the archived FAQ says too (thanks to @PeterT for finding that archived yesterday, link to their post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346721

Last edited by bazookajoe; 05-10-2022 at 06:37 AM.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:35 AM   #7
zebradude
Addict

Aritza,

I was able to get my version (5.4.4.20) of CC working on my Pixel 4 (Android 12 build SP2A.220505.002) by creating a new default folder

settings/Formats and folders/Default folder/Choose new storage folder/choose Folder/now create a new folder using your chosen name

PS. you need to give the app permissions to "Files and Media" before the above will work!
Old 05-14-2022, 06:01 AM   #8
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
You really don't even have to go to that effort. I just wiped my old CC from the Store on several Android 12 devices and also went to the modded app 5.4.4.20 instead (the official Store version is 5.4.4.19) to get night mode back (and it works. YESSSSSSSSSSS). I hit the usual "read only" error and I did the fix - Format and Folders and just use the file piker reselect the same folder again.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote