Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #1
tmb7774
tmb7774 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Poor image quality when converting to EPUB

Hi…

I've just started using Calibre (Mac version 3.48.0, the newest one I can run), and while it seems to be doing mostly what I want, I'm running into a problem with image quality.

I'm starting from a Word document (DOCX), converting to EPUB. I add in the book cover from a separate, high quality JPG. There is also one illustration within the Word doc. When I open the EPUB, either in Calibre's viewer or another one, the text looks fine, but the cover image and illustration are slightly pixelated and distorted, like they've been badly compressed. I can even see this in the illustration within Calibre when I'm editing the Table of Contents; it already looks pixelated in there.

Is there some setting I'm missing, something I could be doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
tmb7774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want images to not be resized chosoe the tablet output profile in the page layout section of the conversion options.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #3
tmb7774
tmb7774 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
That worked! Thanks!
tmb7774 is offline   Reply With Quote