AlphaMike82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Stephen King
The gunslinger.
AlphaMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 11:31 AM   #31802
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Sherlock Holmes

Last evening I began reading 'Sherlock Holmes : Complete Collection'.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 08:11 AM   #31803
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: To End in Fire by David Weber and Eric Flint. If this doesn't grab me, nothing will!
But it did. the usual space opera exploits. Great fun.

Then I read A New Clan by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
Again, the expect fun prequel adventures.

Next up: Against a Dark Background by Iain M. Banks. Another recent purchase.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:06 AM   #31804
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
After finishing my reread of Lord of the Rings, I moved on to a couple of Lee Child’s Reacher novels, having enjoyed the series on Amazon Prime. I’m now reading Pam Jenhoff’s Code Name Sapphire, a WW2 historical fiction novel.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #31805
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I have no idea when the last time I posted here was, but this is what I'm reading right now:

Kobo:
  • Honeycomb by Dorothy Richardson - the third in her Pilgrimage cycle

Audio:
  • Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow - glad I borrowed from the library rather than purchasing, but interesting nonetheless. Should finish it today or tomorrow. Read by the incomparable Scott Brick.

DTB:
  • Introducing Game Theory: A Graphic Guide by Tuvana Pastine and Ivan Pastine
  • The Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 by Chris Claremont (and a BUNCH of different artists and letterers) - Yes, I a watching X-Men 97, and yes, I absolutely watched the original series on Saturday mornings in the 90s.
I finished Alexander Hamilton. I was correct in my assessment - I did enjoy it, but I am also glad it was a library loan.

I'm still reading:
  • Honeycomb by Dorothy Richardson - the third in her Pilgrimage cycle
  • Introducing Game Theory: A Graphic Guide by Tuvana Pastine and Ivan Pastine
  • The Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 by Chris Claremont

and I have added:

The Letters of Emily Dickinson newly edited by Christine Marshall and Domhnall Mitchell
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:06 PM   #31806
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sherlock Holmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Last evening I began reading 'Sherlock Holmes : Complete Collection'.
I've just finished reading the first novel in 'Sherlock Holmes : Complete Collection'. It was 'A Study in Scarlet' first published in 1890 which took up 7% of the collection'.

I'd read it previously several years ago. It was a great revisit.

Next, 'The Sign of Four', a novel also first published in 1890.

Last edited by alansplace; Yesterday at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:23 PM   #31807
Quizlit
Enthusiast
Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Been jumping around genres a bit, just finished
Zero History by William Gibson, prefered his Sprawl books
The Bullet Swallower by Elizabeth Gonzalez James, entertaining magical western

Currently reading Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
Quizlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM   #31808
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
I've just finished reading the first novel in 'Sherlock Holmes : Complete Collection'. It was 'A Study in Scarlet' first published in 1890 which took up 7% of the collection'.

Years ago as a kid I used to love watching the old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies. Before cable, the local independent channel had them (or Charlie Chan) on every Saturday afternoon. I think I’ll have to read a few of those.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #31809
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Sherlock Holmes

Quote:

I finished 'The Sign of Four' last night. I'd also read it previously and it also was a great revisit.

Next is a collection of 12 short stories that were first published in 1892.