Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
"See all formats and editions"

In the warm summer of 2018 I sat in the shadow of the appletree and read the first 10 installments of Elly Griffith's Ruth Galloway stories. I really enjoyed them.

Then I recently received recommendations for further stories. But I found them somewhat expensive. The title The Night Hawks link was priced at $18.74 (including Danish VAT). But if you click "See all formats and editions" then you can get a copy from another publisher priced $1.13 ! I bought that one.

Before long the wheel of time can be seen on Amazon's streaming service so I considered to buy the first book The Eye of the world for a reread. Price $12.74. "See all formats and editions" lowered the price to $5.74.
Lesson: Always click "See all formats and editions"
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Hey what a great tip!

Where did you see this other formats and editions info, a particular book site?

And I love the Ruth Galloway books
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Hey what a great tip!

Attached is what it looks like for me on amazon.com in the US. Note the blue text above the kindle price.

Of course, amazon are always screwing around with web presentation to individuals over time and who knows what they do country to country.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	night_hawks.png
Views:	183
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	190285  

Last edited by j.p.s; 11-16-2021 at 04:17 PM.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:54 AM   #4
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Hey what a great tip!

I was somewhat surprised/shocked that the book should cost $18 so I simply tried to click on "See all formats and editions"

@J.P.S the price you see is the price without Danish VAT (25%)

Last edited by svenlind; 11-17-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot see all formats to find a lower price. There is no other publisher publishing the eBook on Amazon. That can't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #6
svenlind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You cannot see all formats to find a lower price. There is no other publisher publishing the eBook on Amazon. That can't work.
Are you suggesting that I did not experience what I wrote?

Here is what I see when check "See all formats and editions"
The book can be bought from 2 different publishers, and I bought the cheapest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amaz.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	190288  
Old 11-17-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

And:

£0.99 at Kobo.uk (And 99 cents at Amazon.uk)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^

And:

£0.99 at Kobo.uk (And 99 cents at Amazon.uk)
And £0.99 at eBooks.com.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Are you suggesting that I did not experience what I wrote?

Here is what I see when check "See all formats and editions"
The book can be bought from 2 different publishers, and I bought the cheapest.
I've never seen something like this before unless it's a used pBook. I was thinking you could have been mistaken. It's highly unusual for the same book that's still in copyright to be available from two different publishers in eBook at the same time.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You cannot see all formats to find a lower price.
Of course you can. Hardback, paperback, and e-book usually all have different prices. And at any given time any of them can have the lowest or highest price.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've never seen something like this before unless it's a used pBook.
A very recent example is Diet for a Samll Planet. While the 50th aniversary edition was in pre-order there were 3 editions available on amazon.com, all at different prices.
Quote:
I was thinking you could have been mistaken. It's highly unusual for the same book that's still in copyright to be available from two different publishers in eBook at the same time.
You never phrase it like that. You always make some absolute pronouncement that is false.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:35 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Of course you can. Hardback, paperback, and e-book usually all have different prices. And at any given time any of them can have the lowest or highest price.
I meant you cannot see all formats to see different prices for eBooks. My mistake.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:04 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I meant you cannot see all formats to see different prices for eBooks. My mistake.
Sometimes, such as republished PD works, there are different ebooks etc.
Also Amazon DE (I use for physical stuff inc books), Amazon UK (now ebooks only) and Amazon USA (a few ebooks, gift voucher for any USA Amazon user) and rarely other items) don't quite work the same.
Search on all of them is almost entirely broken. Sometimes I only see alternatives listed when I "Add to List".
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote