Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ereaders do you own?
1 29 16.76%
2 34 19.65%
3 or more 110 63.58%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2021, 08:25 PM   #46
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
With regards to the use question....

I use my newer Kindle Fire for mainly apps and games, Hoopla rentals, and Scribd rentals that are e-books. I use it often but mainly for the apps and browsing. I also use the fires if doing comics or graphic novels.

I kept my old 2012 Kindle fire and uploaded the cookbooks on there but rarely use it.

I have the PW4 and 3. I really like the 3 and want to keep that as the backup and travel one, I just have weird issues with syncing and missing the Oasis when I am using those, but do need to get more reliable with doing this. I may trade the paperwhite 4 in the future when getting a new oasis if another is released, but don't want to part with the 3.

Oasis - my main reader
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #47
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I'm reading several SQL tutorial PDFs at the moment on my Lenovo P11, the 11-inch color screen much better for them, so if others are counting Kindle Fire tablets as ereaders, I too am a "multiple ereader" person
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2021, 12:59 AM   #48
Rugbyfan1986
Rugbyfan1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Wireless x 2 (now both given away)
Kobo Glo x 4 (still all in use)
Kobo Glo HD (still in use)
Kobo Mini x 2 (still in use)
Kobo Clara x 2 (still in use)
Kobo Forma 32gb x 2 (still in use) - 2nd one bought for Ł149 when Kobo got their pricing wrong in an online sale.
Kobo Libra H20 x 2 (still in use)

Kindle PW x 2 (still in use)

I decided years ago that it was better to have backups of good e-readers, 3 of the Kobo Glo's were bought second hand from ebay, purely because it is possible to replace the sd card with a bigger one (all now have a 32gb card installed).

The Kobo Libra H20's were both bought new from Amazon for Ł129 each.
Rugbyfan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #49
Yassréveil
Yassréveil began at the beginning.

Device: aucun
Yassréveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #50
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Kindle Oasis 3 and an old nook simple touch.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #51
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I just wanted to use this topic to announced I've sold my Kobo Libra H2O. First and only e-reader I sold, all the other ones have been gifted. But I couldn't keep this one around, I disliked it too much.
My PW4 is probably be the next to go
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:34 PM   #52
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
I just wanted to use this topic to announced I've sold my Kobo Libra H2O. First and only e-reader I sold, all the other ones have been gifted. But I couldn't keep this one around, I disliked it too much.
My PW4 is probably be the next to go
Maybe we need a new thread: Readers we hated enough to get rid of ASAP!

I had one. My very first Kindle, a Kindle Keyboard. The only reader I ever owned whose user interface I couldn't get into AT ALL. The first irritation was that I actually had to look up how to connect it to WiFi, something I've never had to do with any other reader, it's always been obvious on others.

Then, buttons. I *HATED* that button interface. Cumbersome, cumbersome, cumbersome! I already had touch screens via Sony so I was well spoiled, I guess.

I didn't sell it, it was a cheap refurb bought for testing epub conversions, wasn't worth the bother of selling on, but I literally got rid of it to the first person who walked through my door, my husband's niece. She had to think about it, LOL! She walked out without it, then rang the bell again, decided she'd take it. Whew!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:44 PM   #53
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Maybe we need a new thread: Readers we hated enough to get rid of ASAP!
Don't think I've ever hated any of my ereaders. I've sold or given away several, but always because I bought something newer, not because I hated them. There were a couple I wasn't terribly fond of, but still I didn't hate them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:27 AM   #54
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I don't like my Kindle DXG, bought after I had a PW3, as it was on offer. I gave wife the PW2 or PW3 and later got the original Kobo Aura HD H2O. I bought a PW3 for test just after the PW4 came out. I think I already had a Kobo Libra by then.

I think the DXG was my worst tech purchase since I bought an Apple II, even though it was a big discount. I assumed at 9.7" it would be good for PDFs. It's rubbish, too slow and too low resolution for old scanned magazines and books. The H2O is better.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:38 PM   #55
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Don't think I've ever hated any of my ereaders. I've sold or given away several, but always because I bought something newer, not because I hated them. There were a couple I wasn't terribly fond of, but still I didn't hate them.
That was the only e-reader I just couldn't stand. I bought it for testing, because I make ebooks from time to time, but dang, it was just kind of a hate at first use sort of thing. I've owned a lot of e-readers, it was the only one I just couldn't WAIT to get out of my house.

I replaced it with a Kindle Touch bought on eBay that served my purposes well. Until the Oasis 2 came along and I needed a trade-in to get the discount.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:37 AM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Following Almamida I would also like to announce I've sold my Kindle Paperwhite 4, this is my least liked ereader.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #57
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
By Friday, I will have 3 ereaders: a Kobo Libra H2O, a Kindle Keyboard I just bought off ebay, and the Paperwhite Signature Edition I just bought. I can't say I've ever hated any of the ereaders I have had in the past. I'm kinda regretting trading in my Voyage for the PW4, though.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #58
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Following Almamida I would also like to announce I've sold my Kindle Paperwhite 4, this is my least liked ereader.
I'll try an exchange with Amazon to see if I can get one with better contrast but I'm giving it to my cousin, it will be her first e-reader.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #59
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I gifted ereaders and then got them back after they upgraded (I kid you not!). My sister gifted me the ebook "The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning", probably as a reminder that I still have too much stuff.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #60
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I've got an Onyx and a Kobo. I want to upgrade to one that uses USB-C, though, so I'll have to figure out what to do with these two.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote