Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Kindle Summer Rewards

Saw this for the first time this morning. Essentially it’s a loyalty program that gives you 5% back on Kindle purchases, redeemable in $4 increments. Runs from July 7 through September 22.

https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewards?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:27 PM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Sadly, when I try the link, I get:

Quote:
Sorry... this program has limited access while in beta.
If you are interested in future offers and programs, sign up by clicking "Subscribe" below.
I did try the "Subscribe" button - maybe something will happen in the future, but nothing happened right away.

Sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Saw this for the first time this morning. Essentially it’s a loyalty program that gives you 5% back on Kindle purchases, redeemable in $4 increments. Runs from July 7 through September 22.

https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewards?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Signed up and ready to go.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Signed up. Apparently they went backwards some as I have 115 points already.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #5
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Yeah I signed up but I don't see myself spending 80 bucks on kindle books in that time span but you never know. Maybe they have a sale I can't resist.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2021, 01:53 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You get a 100 point bonus for signing up. I have 100 points and I haven't made any purchases.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:04 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post

How far back in time did they go for you?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:00 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Ok, if TM had 100, my original 105 was probably that 100 plus 5 from a book I bought just before getting the email.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #9
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Sadly, when I try the link, I get:

I did try the "Subscribe" button - maybe something will happen in the future, but nothing happened right away.

Sigh!
I got the same message.

I clicked the button, so we'll see what happens. Eventually.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:46 AM   #10
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I didn't get any bonus points for signing up. I did get 20 points for a book purchase yesterday, but that's it so far.

I find these programs fun ideas, so am glad they are doing this.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
When I clicked on the link it showed I already had 100 points; I hadn’t bought much recently so I guess it was just a bonus.

It's free, so fine, but not too exciting – having to spend eighty dollars to get four dollars, compared to previous offers of spending twenty-five to get five.

Also, badges! Really? I think last time there were badges for signing up or buying books and maybe a few more things, only some of which involved having to read on Kindles or Kindle apps and turning on wifi (which I don’t do at all; I use Calibre and sideload to Kobos). And didn’t those badges contribute to my point totals somehow? What are people supposed to do with these new badges – print them out and frame them, find an old Girl Scout uniform to sew them on?

I guess that’s all I can find to complain about at the moment.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #12
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
It's free, so fine, but not too exciting – having to spend eighty dollars to get four dollars, compared to previous offers of spending twenty-five to get five.
I hadn't thought of it that way lol
Old 07-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I didn't get any bonus points for signing up. I did get 20 points for a book purchase yesterday, but that's it so far.

I find these programs fun ideas, so am glad they are doing this.
It took a while for my bonus points to show up--I began to think I'd imagined the offer--but they finally did.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:26 AM   #14
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
When I clicked on the link it showed I already had 100 points; I hadn’t bought much recently so I guess it was just a bonus.

Also, badges! Really? I think last time there were badges for signing up or buying books and maybe a few more things, only some of which involved having to read on Kindles or Kindle apps and turning on wifi (which I don’t do at all; I use Calibre and sideload to Kobos). And didn’t those badges contribute to my point totals somehow? What are people supposed to do with these new badges – print them out and frame them, find an old Girl Scout uniform to sew them on?

I guess that’s all I can find to complain about at the moment.

When I first noticed points next to a price and followed the link to find out what it was about, I also saw that I already had 100 points. They started the program on July 7 and when I checked my receipts from July 7,8,9 I had spent $20.

I did roll my eyes about the 4 for 80 credit. But then I realized that if I use my Amazon Prime card, I should get another $4 for the same $80. Considering that my bank account is only paying one penny interest per month for each one thousand dollars on deposit makes it a good deal if there is something you really want right now. I immediately bought this month’s bookclub selection. 🙂
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #15
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Looks like my 100 bonus showed up as well