Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #3046
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Another Regency Christmas freebie - can't guarantee the price will last so might want to click quickly.

Christmas At Thorncliff Manor by Sophie Barnes

Spoiler:
More than love is in the air …
Join the Heartly family as they return to Thorncliff Manor for the holiday season where four sisters and four very handsome, very eligible bachelors, are about to enjoy a lively Christmastime filled with laughter and love. But aside from the covert matchmaking undertaken by the eccentric hostess, Lady Duncaster, the thrill of adventure is sweeping through the estate. Soon, all the guests will be entangled in a treasure hunt for a lost heirloom and secrets hidden for decades will rise to the surface as matters of the heart are finally revealed.
Will Fiona ever see the Earl of Chadwick as more than a friend? Will Emily find an unlikely love in the Marquess of Montsmouth? Can Laura recognize the man of her dreams in the Duke of Lamont? And is Viscount Belgrave able to open Rachel’s eyes to romance? The magic of Thorncliff is about to offer the last unmarried Heartly sisters a chance at their own happily-ever-afters. So sit back with a warm mug of cocoa and lose yourself in a Regency Christmas Romance…
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #3047
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Holiday contemporary on sale

In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren - $1.99
Spoiler:
One Christmas wish, two brothers, and a lifetime of hope are on the line for hapless Maelyn Jones in In a Holidaze, the quintessential holiday romantic novel by Christina Lauren, the New York Times bestselling author of The Unhoneymooners.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…but not for Maelyn Jones. She’s living with her parents, hates her going-nowhere job, and has just made a romantic error of epic proportions.

But perhaps worst of all, this is the last Christmas Mae will be at her favorite place in the world—the snowy Utah cabin where she and her family have spent every holiday since she was born, along with two other beloved families. Mentally melting down as she drives away from the cabin for the final time, Mae throws out what she thinks is a simple plea to the universe: Please. Show me what will make me happy.

The next thing she knows, tires screech and metal collides, everything goes black. But when Mae gasps awake…she’s on an airplane bound for Utah, where she begins the same holiday all over again. With one hilarious disaster after another sending her back to the plane, Mae must figure out how to break free of the strange time loop—and finally get her true love under the mistletoe.

Jam-packed with yuletide cheer, an unforgettable cast of characters, and Christina Lauren’s trademark “downright hilarious” (Helen Hoang, author of The Bride Test) hijinks, this swoon-worthy romantic read will make you believe in the power of wishes and the magic of the holidays.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #3048
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Two repeat Anne Bishop price drops, and one long-term "nice price" at Kindle UK...

Lake Silence, World of the Others #1, £2.49
info and links in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4043653

Wild Country, World of the Others #2, £1.99
info and links in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4064270

Written In Red, The Others #1, semi-long-term at £1.49
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008RD34VO
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008RD34VO
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:56 PM   #3049
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart has dropped to $0.99 at Kindle and Kobo US today. Woo-hoo!

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GW4P03U
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GW4P03U
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/this-rough-magic-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I too read these a long time ago, and I too used to have the tattered paperbacks to prove it . But now I have all the ones I want in e-book, which is much nicer!

My favorites are Madam, Will You Talk?, The Moonspinners, This Rough Magic, and My Brother Michael. Although Madam, Will You Talk? is a teeny bit above the others IMO, really, on any given day, my "favorite" could be any one of these. I also like a lot of Stewart's other books, but these four are the ones I reread when I'm in need of some reliable "comfort food" for my brain.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:04 AM   #3050
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This week in KU . . .

Legion of Angels by Ella Summers
#3 - Siren's Song - 3.5
#4 - Dragon's Storm - 3
I definitely have issues with the writing but story interests me enough to plow on. There are 10 books in this series, I don't know if I'll make through and will not be looking for other titles by this author after I finish it.
Midnight Empire #1/The Tower #1 by Annabel Chase
#1 - Wild Knight - 4
#2 - Three Dog Knight - 4
I like it. Post apocalyptic world that ushers magic into the light (or lack thereof) with a heroine that has a soft spot and special connection with creatures (Valkyrie Beastiary-ish, no? ). Interesting world and politics with a budding romance. #3 releases 1/6 and #4 on 2/3.

Purchased: Just one and a year worth of KU at the discounted rate. I'm good until Feb 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12-5.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	190668  
Old 12-06-2021, 01:37 AM   #3051
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
oops forgot to post yesterday,.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Shine a Light (Orchard Hill #1) by Rebecca Crowley (B/4 stars)
  • The Silver Creek (Woodlea #6) by Alissa Callen (A/5 stars)
  • K-9 Patrol (The Precinct #41/Kansas City Crime Lab) by Julie Miller (B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 12-5.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	190669  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #3052
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I thought this article interesting; nothing new to fans of romance.

I write ‘women’s commercial fiction’ – why is my work still seen as inferior to men’s?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #3053
apesmom
Wizard

Sourcebooks Christmas/shifter freebie

Dreaming of a White Wolf Christmas by Terry Spears (White Wolf #1)
Spoiler:
If you're dreaming of wolves this Christmas, USA Today bestselling author Terry Spear has got you covered with her White Wolf series!

Romance writer Candice Mayfair isn't much for a holly jolly white Christmas. In fact, for her, Christmas is just another day closer to her looming deadline, and she hasn't missed one yet. So when she's accidentally bitten by a werewolf puppy and turns into an Arctic wolf shifter, she heads to the wilderness to isolate herself until she can learn to control her unpredictable shifting—and keep on writing.

Private investigator Owen Nottingham is a wolf shifter hired to find Candice so she can collect an inheritance. They have a real problem: she must arrive home in human form, and that's not happening during the full moon. Besides, now Owen has a new mission: to convince the pretty she-wolf her best move is to learn the way of the wolf and join his pack in time for Christmas...and to prove he's the only wolf for her.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 12-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #3054
apesmom
Wizard

Free Sourcebooks historicals

A Duke to Die For (Rogues' Dynasty #1) by Amelia Grey
Spoiler:
Henrietta doesn't want a husband...
Miss Henrietta Tweed is convinced that she carries a curse—one that's responsible for killing her previous guardians. So when she's sent to Lucien Trent Blakewell, the fifth Duke of Blakewell and the last man her father trusted to care for her, she knows the only way to save the duke is to persuade him to sign over her inheritance and set her free.

Does she?
Lucien doesn't believe there's a curse and just wants to get his new ward off his hands by finding her a suitable husband. But as the chemistry between him and Henrietta grows, he is increasingly tempted to fill that role himself. And when suspicious accidents begin to endanger the Duke's life, Henrietta must take drastic measures to save the one man she could love...

Kindle | Kobo | Google

This one has been free in the past:

Must Love Dukes (Tricks of the Ton) by Elizabeth Michels
Spoiler:
She Can't Resist the Dare
Lillian Phillips could not imagine how her quiet, simple life had come to this. Blackmailed by the Mad Duke of Thornwood into accepting one wild dare after another...all because of a pocket watch. Desperate to recover her beloved father's pawned timepiece, Lily did something reckless and dangerous and delicious—something that led to a night she'd never forget.

He has a Reputation for Scandal
When Devon Grey, Duke of Thornwood, runs into a mesmerizing, intoxicating, thieving woman who literally stole from his bedchamber—with his new pocket watch—Devon plots his revenge. If the daring wench likes to play games, he's happy to oblige. After all, what's the ruse of being the Mad Duke if you can't have some fun? But the last laugh might just be on him...

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #3055
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We're getting another new Harmony book from Jayne Castle in 2022, Sweetwater and the Witch TBR Sept 6, 2022.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:16 AM   #3056
apesmom
Wizard

Kobo has a romance BOGO sale through the end of the month.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #3057
apesmom
Wizard

Sourcebooks historical freebie

The Duke Who Loved Me by Jane Ashford
Spoiler:
James Cantrell, the new Duke of Tereford, has inherited a dukedom in disarray and is overwhelmed by his unaccustomed responsibilities. Then he gets an idea. Cecelia Vainsmede served as liaison between James and her father, and she knows a great deal about business matters, his own in particular. She's also quite pretty. Ever the pragmatist, he suggests a marriage of convenience.

Cecelia has always been good at working with James, but she doesn't understand how he can be so obtuse. He clearly doesn't realize that he's the duke she's always wished for, or that his offer is an insult. But when a German prince arrives in London and immediately sets out to woo Cecelia, James will have to come to terms with what he really feels for her. Is running away worth the cost of losing her, or will the duke dare to win her once and for all?

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 12-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #3058
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
We're getting another new Harmony book from Jayne Castle in 2022, Sweetwater and the Witch TBR Sept 6, 2022.
Great!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #3059
apesmom
Wizard

KU this week . . .

Supernatural London / Firebrand by Helen Harper
#7/ #5 - Dark Whispers - 4

Death Before Dragons by Lindsay Buroker
#8 - Secrets of the Sword II - 4
Only one book left in this series.

Old World / Scarlett Bernard by Melissa F. Olson
#2 / #2 - Trail of Dead - 4
Happy to return to this series and make use of the Read and Listen for free option in KU. I haven't used Audible in the past but I plan to make better use of it.

Fiona Carver by Rachel Grant
#1 - Dangerous Ground - 4
Romantic suspense. Also used Audible on this one. Loaded with competence porn. Book 2 out in a few weeks.

Purchased this week
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12-12.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	190797  
Old 12-13-2021, 02:22 AM   #3060
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Diplomats and Fugitives (The Emperor’s Edge #9) by Lindsay Buroker (A/5 stars)
  • Snake Heart (Chains of Honor#2) by Lindsay Buroker (B/4 stars)
  • Assassin’s Bond (Chains of Honor #3) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 stars)
  • Great Chief (Chains of Honor #4) by Lindsay Buroker (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
Just freebies.