Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #1
icetbr
icetbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (K3)
Question Best koreader version with crop for non touch kindles

SO, koreader disabled cropping for NT kindles. I was looking into testing the manual cropping capabilities. I remember using it with the old kindlepdfviewer and it was very good.

Can someone recommend me the last version with a workable cropping for non touch kindles?

Thanks.
icetbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icetbr View Post
SO, koreader disabled cropping for NT kindles. I was looking into testing the manual cropping capabilities. I remember using it with the old kindlepdfviewer and it was very good.

Can someone recommend me the last version with a workable cropping for non touch kindles?

Thanks.
No one, sadly. KOReader started as a reimplementation of kpdfviewer for touch devices. @onderock added support for key navigation, but leaved page crop disabled as you can see in this PR: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3785

So, you might want to look for other program or implement it yourself. Open a new ticker on github could help to raise awareness of the issue, but I doubt a lot of people with NT devices are using KO.

BTW, if you're interested to implement the feature yourself, you can emulate a non touch device on desktop linux & mac, using
Code:
DISABLE_TOUCH=1 ./kodev run
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
icetbr
icetbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (K3)
Thank you for the advice, I might take a crack at it at some point if I find myself using koreader a lot.

Right now it is just a nuisance not having it, but it can be such helpful for some pdfs.
icetbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #4
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by icetbr View Post
That would basically be kindlepdfviewer. KOReader is kindlepdfviewer for touch devices, although most of its functionality does work on non-touch. For KOReader, the newer the better. (Or at least post-2018.)

You can get a lot of mileage out of the likes of "fit to content width" without manual cropping, however!

Incidentally, it could potentially be helpful to describe how it works on kindlepdfviewer.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote