Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Page number on right of screen

I have just purchased a Clara to replace my old Glo HD. I have upgraded it to the latest firmware 4.19.14123. It is not running any patches.
The issue I have is after 3 or 4 page turns I am seeing the next page number showing in the right margin of the screen and overlaying part of the text.
What could be causing this?
Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6I...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by peejayw; 01-14-2020 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Link not working
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
I have just purchased a Clara to replace my old Glo HD. I have upgraded it to the latest firmware 4.19.14123. It is not running any patches.
The issue I have is after 3 or 4 page turns I am seeing the next page number showing in the right margin of the screen and overlaying part of the text.
What could be causing this?
Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6I...ew?usp=sharing
Those are Adobe page numbers. Just open Reading Settings and uncheck the relevant box.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Those page numbers can be turned off.

Go to Settings > Reading settings. It's in the Page Appearance section. I cannot tell you exactly what it's called because I've patched it to change the page number option to be an option to invert the screen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
That fixed it, thanks so much.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote