Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Edited: 12/2/2001 - No longer Free

My publisher is offering "Doughboy and Other Strange Tales" FREE today. I have no idea how long this will last. The ebook only is FREE.

Available FREE from Amazon. Here’s the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Doughboy-Othe...gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-02-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I proodread my stuff, so you should like it.

Because you should likeit, I proodread my stuffit.

OK, so the logic is flawed. But you're not!

Go to the post right above this one for the link, because I'm lazy as hell.

(This is more creative than a promotional carbon copy endlessly repeated every 7 days. NOTE: the ebook is no longer free, but is available as a Kindle Unlimited.)

Old 08-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

DOUGHBOY AND OTHER STRANGE TALES

Free in Kindle Unlimited

Reviewers are unanimous! Simply read the comments* below:
  • "A book so good you can't put it down."
  • "I would recommend this to anyone low on toilet paper."
  • "I'm just saying."
  • "Characters are snarky and unusual."
  • "A book that is perfect for fans of horror, or romance, or westerns, or multi-generational sagas."
  • "I couldn't believe I just bought this!"
  • "The stories remind me of sweeping sagas...so I also bought a broom!"
  • "I book that is so life-saving, I wondered whose life I had just saved."
  • "A book of short stories, but you can make the print larger if you want a thicker book."
  • "I started reading this on a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents, so I moved to Nevada."
  • "A book of short stories filled with thrones, kings, queens, sages, mages and wizards. Except when it's not."
  • "A book that will take muliple generations to finish!"
  • "I thought the description was boring (is that bad?), until I started reading it. Then I was convinced."
  • "A book full of plucky characters."
  • "No one talks in this book."
  • "That's what I'm saying."
  • "A book that will motivate you to clean your house and do the dishes."
  • "Another boring book that just might win the Hugo Award."
  • "A book that will have you scratching your watch and winding your butt in confusion."
  • "Another book with no female characters, except for Pat. I think."
  • "A book so diverse and character-driven that it rivals the phone-book in readability."
  • "Another way to break up with your soulmate or the woman who's driving you crazy. (Is that bad?)"
  • "I'm just saying. Again."

* All comments are fictitious, unless you choose to believe them.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you get this review...I bought the paper version because it was the right size to stop my dining room table from wobbling.

When we lived in together for the first time, the table had little wobble. I received an AOL CD in the mail and it was the perfect fit to stop the wobble.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-29-2020 at 12:21 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The table wobbling solution is great!
Old 12-28-2021, 07:07 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Tired of reading 'Meh' and 'Muh' (because some people are too lazy to type 'oh, well,' or unable to write in English the concept of boredom or indifference?) Feeling trapped in obscurantist computer jargon meant only for people with small lives and even smaller.....WHOA! I almost went too far!

If you want to know the truth about how the Doughboy came into being, or why creatures flop in the night and why they have such voracious appetites, then check this out:

Doughboy: And Other Strange Tales, by Don Broyles, is available right now (in various formats and also as an audio book) for your personal enjoyment.

Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Doughboy-Othe...id=1640692227&
sprefix=doughboy+don+broyle%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-2

Well, let's say it together: Meh and muh! Very good!
Old 10-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

by Don Broyles

Want to know what happens to MR. D'WONDERFUL? No need to ask. Here's an excerpt:

-----

She had never met anyone so unique. She told her sister about him. “He's the most marvelous creature I've ever met! Truly remarkable!”

“In what way?” Samantha said, as she took a bite out of her BLT and waited for an answer. She was always dubious of Debs' new male friends, especially when there was a component of raw hunger added to the mix.

Debs looked up at the ceiling, as if the words to properly describe Mr. D'Wonderful would magically appear there and give her the inspiration she needed. “Well, for one thing, he has the most magnificent lips I've ever seen.”

“You're judging him by his lips?”

“Well, why not?”

“Seems kind of shallow, that's all.”

“All right, so I'm shallow.”

They both grinned.

Samantha reached for her drink and took a sip. “OK. What else?”

-----

Available at fine bookstores (and some not so fine), just for YOU!

Also available from Amazon, Apple, Kobo, B&N, and a host of other sites, some perhaps of dubious origin.

For your ever-curious convenience, I thoughtfully provided a link to Amazon, again, just for YOU!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-30-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:50 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

So many lazy authors: Repeat! Repeat! Repeat!

So I decided to join them!

Next week, I'll have the same Promotional copy repeated.

Rinse and Repeat, with the obligatory typpo.

For your utter and complete convenience (you know who you are!) a link has been thoughtfully and magnanimously provided just for you, because...well, you're special. (See the Signature Link below.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-06-2022 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:48 PM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

So many lazy authors: Repeat! Repeat! Repeat!

So I decided to join them!

Next week, I'll have the same Promotional copy repeated.

Rinse and Repeat, with the obligatory typpo.

For your utter and complete convenience (you know who you are!) a link has been thoughtfully and magnanimously provided just for you, because...well, you're special. (See the Signature Link below.)
Old 11-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

NEW PROMOTIONAL COPY JUST FOR YOU!

Yes, spend one week reading the word 'NEW'. Amuse yourself next week by reading the word 'COPY'. The possibilities for endless reading boggles the mind! You can do this over and over again until you get bored!

However, when you tire of such reading, why not read the book?

Here's the title: Doughboy and Other Strange Tales

Now available in ALL 50 states of the USA! See list below:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Old 12-04-2022, 07:47 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

"Un-put-downable!"

"A Book of short-shorts (and some longer pieces) that sticks with you!"

NOW! For a limited time only, every purchased ebook comes with its very own bottle of glue! Yes, you read right!

***NOTE*** Everything above is false, except for the fact this title is available for purchase.

Now isn't this more interesting than reading BORING copy from tired, withered, imaginatively 'dead' authors attempting to promote their work? --- The horror. The horror.

A link is right below this sentence. (It's easy to find.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-04-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:11 AM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Doughboy and Other Strange Tales is available for immediate purchase!

By the way, if you're ever alone in your bathroom, be on the lookout for The Slitherer. Here's an excerpt:

THE SLITHERER

The Slitherer scurries across the wet grass on his stomach, his elongated nose wriggling like a questing worm in search of food. And truly, the Slitherer is – indeed! – hungry tonight, as can be ascertained by the quivering movements of his body. Wheezing gasps, which sound similar to an allergy attack, come from his open mouth.

He spies an open bathroom window and the shadow that moves within. His nose, all 20 feet of it, is now overly excited, sniffling and snuffling in expectation as it advances up the wall and toward the window. The Slitherer's nose has the circumference of a thick garden hose and the sinuous movements of a snake. There is a pause as all movement ceases: It is clear that the nose hears some minute sound from within the house.