Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:56 AM   #1
glenk
glenk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The must be a new Kobo ereader coming soon, any rumours?

Kobo normally launch new ereaders before Amazon does. This year Amazon seems to have beaten them to the punch with the upcoming announcement of a new Kindle.

That said surely Kobo must have a new ereader which they are getting ready for a launch.

Has anyone heard any rumours?

I want a
- 7" (or even better a 8") ereader
- with a capacitive touch screen with edge to edge glass
- a front light with a warmer temperature light than my Aura HD
- has the new iMX7 chip
- the latest eInk screen, whatever it is called
- some sort of build in strap on the back to hold the ereader

Wonder what my chances are?
Old 04-09-2016, 04:01 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's been discussed some here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272675
Advert
Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #3
glenk

My apologises, I had missed that thread as I only ever look in the Kobo forum, mods feel free to close this thread.

Glen
Old 04-09-2016, 04:23 AM   #4
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
I have my H2O for a month, and I am happy with it so far.

But, I just wonder why the manufacturers can't produce a e-reader with higher speed of responses. All of the tablets are running fast these days with all kind of applications. On the other hand, what e-reader does is showing books, graphics or pdf. How come the devices are so slow?!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:26 AM   #5
glenk

A lot of that is due to the page rendering for the eInk being done by software.

This will be the really big thing about the new iMX7 chip, it has the ability to do this in hardware so the page turns will be significantly faster with no ghosting according to everything I have read so far.
Advert
Old 04-09-2016, 04:27 AM   #6
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
I wouldn't expect any kind of built-in strap on the bare device: that's generally left to third party cases and add-ons. Have a look at Love Handle, Nobiggi, Gostrap, that kind of thing.

Last edited by meeera; 04-09-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I think my pages turn too fast sometimes skipping pages if I press more than a feather light touch. How fast do you want it to go? My Glo HD is really fast I'd say as fast as My tablets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread