Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #46
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I'm not behind in my reads, but I decided not to read today. Instead I watched The Little Mermaid. The upbeat ending is so sad, and it makes me remember the original story.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #47
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
How are we all starting off 2020?

I am determined to reach my goals this year as I fell far short in 2019. I am starting off strong with 21 books down approximately 70 left to go. If I keep up this pace I should be able to break the goal posts.
  • No purchases
  • 3 books finished
  • 2 in progress
  • 4 short stories read

I am ahead of pace on all my goals so far.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #48
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I've almost finished two books which is within my goal of 52 books for 2020. I didn't set a challenge this year. Last years challenge was science fiction and I did struggle with it a little. Although I did read about 11 for the year, and enjoyed them. So far this year I've only read science fiction books. I guess my reading preferences kicked in for sci fi. right now I'm reading "The Long Winter " by A.J. Riddle , it's the first book in a trilogy. I got a deal in Kindle Unlimited before Christmas. So now I'll need to read the next two books before the 3mns. deal ends. So that will also add more sci fi reads this year. I still might think of a new challenge this year or just continue with my sci fi challenge.

I also kept my goal to 52 books again this year. I went a little over last year but I can't remember how many. This year I'm just going with the flow. By not challenging myself too much in 2020.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #49
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm doing okay. So far I've finished two books, for a 52 book goal. So I'm ahead. My current book isn't a quick read, but with my reading retreat vacation next week I have high hopes to finish it early in the week and read several more books. It'll be nice to get ahead early in the year.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:06 AM   #50
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am still reading Our Oriental Heritage by Will Durrant, and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. At the rate I'm going, I'll finish reading them by the last week of January.

Since I plan to read chunksters all year long, I have an eye on 20th November. Then I'll reel in the 4th Stormlight Archive for a delightful experience by the end of the year.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #51
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I started a 20 book challenge on Goodreads. That should be doable.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #52
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
So far I seem to be on track. But I am also obsessed with an outrageously long very well written fan fiction set in the Harry Potter universe that may put me a bit behind for the next week or so unless I can find a way to add it to my Goodreads list so it will count.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:10 AM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
I am also obsessed with an outrageously long very well written fan fiction set in the Harry Potter universe.
Which one?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #54
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I think I will blow my goal. I am already on my 4th novel for the year and January is only half over. I am reading Sunburn. WOW, it's a good book. Thought it would be girly but it's not. All the characters have so many secrets. Every chapter has me surprised and thrilled. Name of Author is on the list thread
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #55
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I have only 2 goals this year. One is to read at least 3,000 pages per month and the other is to read at least 25 literary magazines I already have (Lightspeed, Nightmare, etc). Avoiding the total books read this year as I anticipate starting some series with very long books (Peter Hamilton-Void series, Robert Jordon - Wheel of Time (lend from someone else), Sanderson - I have 2 series) as well as completing all the rest of the Shannara series before the final book comes out in 2020).

FWIW, I count Omnibus' as separate books. They are collected in an omnibus for convenience, but remain full, separate books.
That's a lot of books!
Old 01-20-2020, 06:58 PM   #56
HLS
Wizard

I am surprised at myself! I normally read 3 books a month I am on book 6 or 7 for January! I think my books were short like 325 to 400 pages which helps but they were pretty good books
Old 01-21-2020, 03:11 AM   #57
Luffy
Wizard

I finished reading Our Oriental Heritage. It was mind-blowing, but I still gave it 3/5, because it was difficult to read it all.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:19 AM   #58
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
My count is fine but I've stuck mainly to smaller books for various reasons this year, mainly reading challenge goals on GR. I am just starting the fifth book of the Blackwater series by Michael McDowell for audio and have done more audio this month than usual as well. I keep getting in the mood to re-read this month instead of starting new books, which is kind of interfering with my "plans".

The mood and plans aren't agreeing, oh no.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:25 AM   #59
Luffy
Wizard

I've read The Wise Man's Fear. 1 star. Don't know why I don't feel anger. So many pages for nothing.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #60
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I've read The Wise Man's Fear. 1 star. Don't know why I don't feel anger. So many pages for nothing.
Funny - I've never read Rothfuss, but I have two board games that are derived from the series - Tak, which is a game within the universe that was actually taken out and co-designed by Rothfus, and Call to Adventure - The Name of the Wind campaign. I enjoy both, but the books are not on my list.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote