Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #736
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
There was also a ninja-edit of the Wiki which added the 0WP with no discerning details whatsoever, so, that one won't get supported for now. There's a note at the bottom of the page, follow it >_<".

@hius07: Thanks, I'll deal with that one tomorrow .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-21-2020 at 08:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #737
hius07
Evangelist
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Just to confirm that initial factory firmware 5.10.1.3 perfectly fits to both blue PW4: G001 6Q and G001 6T.
And they both require customer firmware not less than 5.11.2.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:57 PM   #738
johnnycarcinogen
johnnycarcinogen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
can confirm ilovejedd's method works. downgraded pw4 on 5.10.2 and successfully applied the jb. Thank you!
johnnycarcinogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:49 AM   #739
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4
thank you ilovejedd!
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #740
Shahinshokoohi
Shahinshokoohi began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3
JailBreak KO3

hi. please help me to JailBreak kindle Oasis 3
Thanks
Shahinshokoohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #741
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahinshokoohi View Post
please help me to JailBreak kindle Oasis 3

Double posting will not win you many friends. And it seems that all of your posts are in random threads, none of which are about the Oasis 3.

The Open Sesame sticky thread will give you the status of OA3 jailbreaks.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:50 PM   #742
Shahinshokoohi
Shahinshokoohi began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
5.10.x >> 5.11.x >>>> 5.12.x
?????
Shahinshokoohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #743
moln
moln began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
By the way, I might be able to help with jailbreak for the waterproof PW4/Paperwhite 4/Paperwhite (2018)/Paperwhite (10th generation) only.

Those interested, please PM me with the following details about your device:
  1. First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date)
  2. Country
  3. Retailer/Store
  4. Color
  5. Storage
  6. with or without Special Offers
  7. Wi-Fi or Cellular
  8. FW version and stock or updated?
Thanks!
here's a new one:
G000 PP12 9367
Germany
Amazon.de
black
8GB
with Special Offers
Wi-Fi only
FW version: 5.11.2 (stock)
bought in Nov 2019
moln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:29 AM   #744
Tontotrento
Tontotrento began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Ah, I'm actually helping with PW4 JB > 5.10.1.3 but via PM only given how anti-JB the firmware updates have been of late.

It's the same method we discussed via PM around August/September.

PSA

I might be able to help with jailbreak for the waterproof PW4/Paperwhite 4/Paperwhite (2018)/Paperwhite (10th generation) only.

Those interested, please PM me with the following details about your device:
  1. First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date)
  2. Country
  3. Retailer/Store
  4. Color
  5. Storage
  6. with or without Special Offers
  7. Wi-Fi or Cellular
  8. FW version and stock or updated?
Thanks!

Note:
If you're unable to send PMs, you can use the thread in the feedback forum below to request PM privileges.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
New Paperwhite 4.
Serial No. G001 6Q02 9276
UK bought from Argos
Twilight Blue, 32Gb, No Special Offers WiFi Only.
f/w version 5.10.3 Stock.

PM sent for possible help in jailbreaking
Tontotrento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #745
hius07
Evangelist
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tontotrento View Post
Hotfix does not support this model yet.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #746
Tontotrento

hius07, thank you for the response. Do you know if there is any prospect of this model being supported in the near future?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #747
hius07
Evangelist

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...11#post3944011
and the next post.
The model has been listed in the wiki, but the hotfix is not updated.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #748
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
I've been a bit swamped lately, and there were a lot of dependencies updates to take care of. The binaries are built, I just have to write the migration install scripts, and test that nothing blew up.

Hopefully should be done near the end of the week-end. Then again, that was the plan last week already ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #749
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tontotrento View Post
New Paperwhite 4.
UK bought from Argos
Twilight Blue, 32Gb, No Special Offers WiFi Only.
f/w version 5.10.3 Stock.
This one's interesting to note. The factory firmwares don't have specific model restrictions but customer firmware 5.10.3 doesn't support the Twilight Blue PW4s.

Mind, I do believe it's possible to switch from factory to customer firmware by simply using the ;shpm (shipping mode) command. Put a blank DONT_CHECK_BATTERY file in USB root before running the command so it doesn't try to drain the battery down for Lithium battery shipping compliance.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #750
Tontotrento

Thanks for your pm ilovejedd. I have successfully jailbroken my PW4.
I take it I now need to wait for an updated Hotfix before I go on to upgrade to a later customer software (5.11.2 I believe from hius07 post above) and then install KUAL and packages.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4