Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 08:22 AM   #76
aholmes5
aholmes5 doesn't litteraholmes5 doesn't litter

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Downgraded my 2 GB Paperwhite 2 from 5.11.2 to 5.9.6.1 today as well. Any reason you chose that firmware to downgrade to, @aholmes5? I just chose it because you chose it. Seemed like a safe bet.
There is a factory firmware for 5.9.6.1 which would allow for rejailbreaking without having to open it up again for a serial jailbreak. This would allow me to reset the device in the future if I needed to for some reason.
aholmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:50 AM   #77
nivekkumar
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Anyone know the most stable firmware version where all "hacks" work? I am currently on the latest (jailbroken) kindle voyage version. Side buttons doesn't work properly in koreader and also Booklet doesn't work that great. Thanks in advance
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #78
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholmes5 View Post
There is a factory firmware for 5.9.6.1 which would allow for rejailbreaking without having to open it up again for a serial jailbreak. This would allow me to reset the device in the future if I needed to for some reason.
Just to clarify. The available factory firmware 5.9.6.1 is only for the PW3.

On PW2, 5.8.7 is the highest one can go and still be able to do a factory fw downgrade.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #79
nivekkumar
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
I tried this on my Voyage. All worked but after rebooting it doesn't boot properly. Connecting the device with USB also doesn't work. Has anybody a solution?
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #80
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekkumar View Post
I tried this on my Voyage. All worked but after rebooting it doesn't boot properly. Connecting the device with USB also doesn't work. Has anybody a solution?
You tried WHAT?
Do you mean you tried the firmware from the PW3?
Or, just what do you mean? Write your reply in German if you prefer, somebody here can help.

Last edited by knc1; 02-01-2020 at 10:19 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #81
aholmes5
aholmes5 doesn't litteraholmes5 doesn't litter

Device: PW2
Success with PW3 Japan 32GB 5.12.2 --> 5.9.6.1

I successfully did this with a PW3 Japan "Manga" Edition 32GB Kindle that I purchased with 5.12.2 installed. I did the serial jailbreak and hotfix. I needed to install the Kual Booklet (coplate) and then could install the rescue pack and cowards rescue pack. Followed the rest of the instructions in the first post. Immediately reinstalled the hotfix after downgrading to make sure it was current but I suspect this wasn't necessary.
aholmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote