Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
doc hollywood
doc hollywood began at the beginning.

Device: none
sony 600 glare and sunlight

a lot of people are crying about the bad glare in the screen of sony touch.

but guys, try to read on this device a book in the sun and the reading is just perfect, you will be surprised.

and as a site to download books i recommend you shortcovers: they may not have the amount of books as sony but they are normally 2 Dollars cheaper.

greez from switzerland ( where the sun is shining )

doc hollywood
doc hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi doc hollywood

I agree, reading outside in sunlight is a real pleasure on the sony 600. When spring comes around again with some hopefully warmer weather, I shall read outside a whole lot more. I used to spend a lot of time reading outdoors with "treebooks" but the ereader will be much easier to take out and about.

The only problems I have with the sony 600 is reading in low light levels - but when that's the case, I have a clip-on light which works a treat.

Welcome to mobileread
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
erio
erio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I must agree too... Its true inside home its not that clear, but i didn't have any problem reading so far... I'm sure in a non-touch screen reader, you can read better, but I really wanted the toch screen, so... And as far as this was my first e-reader, I can deal with it...

And what the hell, Valencia is such a sunny place, we have like 300 days each year of sun, so... =D
erio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
jrain
jrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Aura-One, Sony prs T3
yeah Valencia,
The sony should be a hit anywhere with sun. I got my 600 in california where it was a pleasure. But now, wintering in Amsterdam, i have to use a book light unless i can sit next to a window at mid day. I bet the low ambient light levels in northern europe are a negative influence on acceptance of ebooks, especially the sony 600.
jrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
wolfshades
wolfshades began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
I'm a little surprised (and pleased) to note that I have yet to find an environment where normal light doesn't allow me to read. I even take this stupid thing out to bars and read in relatively low light conditions while having a few drinks. Sometimes the words blur - but I'm pretty sure that's not the e-reader's fault.

But yes - sunlight is the best.
wolfshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrain View Post
yeah Valencia,
The sony should be a hit anywhere with sun. I got my 600 in california where it was a pleasure. But now, wintering in Amsterdam, i have to use a book light unless i can sit next to a window at mid day. I bet the low ambient light levels in northern europe are a negative influence on acceptance of ebooks, especially the sony 600.
I really can't think why that is. I can easily read my PRS-600 in any lighting conditions in which I could read a paperback book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
just_kev
just_kev began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Being a new PRS600 owner I haven't yet had the opportunity to read in the sun, Ha Ha, but the the next time the sun does shine I'll give it a go. But that could be some time as we have had wet and windy for quite sometime now.
just_kev is offline   Reply With Quote