Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #16
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Reviews in the App Store can be seen by anyone. Out of the last 20 reviews, 14 are one star. That trend says a good deal.
All of them related to subscription.

People are angry about it but it's not gonna stop it unfortunately.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:31 AM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Reviews in the App Store can be seen by anyone. Out of the last 20 reviews, 14 are one star. That trend says a good deal.
I've never really understood why some people use 1 star reviews to strike out in irrational anger. I've been using the product since it was first released. I've been using the new version as well. Now that most of the bugs have been ironed out, I find it a very good product that is well worth the price for me. If someone else doesn't want to pay, they can use the free ad supported version, or just not use it at all. That's their choice. But that doesn't make it a bad product.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've never really understood why some people use 1 star reviews to strike out in irrational anger. I've been using the product since it was first released. I've been using the new version as well. Now that most of the bugs have been ironed out, I find it a very good product that is well worth the price for me. If someone else doesn't want to pay, they can use the free ad supported version, or just not use it at all. That's their choice. But that doesn't make it a bad product.
It was a very good product, but under the new operator it is responsible for the fact that I had to turn off the automatic Google updates - so it's for me a lousy product now, worth 1 star, not more.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-17-2020 at 02:38 PM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #19
maxyn83
Enthusiast
maxyn83 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 13pm
Hi. What exactly does this app do? Whats the difference between the free and paid version. I love Calibre on my mac but have not used the ios app. I’m trying it now but I can’t seem to add multiple books at once and instructions on how to connect to the Calibre app is seems old and not really clear. Could only connect to the cloud server (dropbox)
maxyn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #20
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyn83 View Post
Hi. What exactly does this app do? Whats the difference between the free and paid version. I love Calibre on my mac but have not used the ios app. I’m trying it now but I can’t seem to add multiple books at once and instructions on how to connect to the Calibre app is seems old and not really clear. Could only connect to the cloud server (dropbox)
Hey,

Can you send an email to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com?

Would love to help you through your problem, specifically the issue not being able to add multiple books.

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert