Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #526
hamers
Enthusiast
hamers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (6", 4GB)
Thanks. I ran the powershell script again, and now it works!

One Koreader question - is there a way to designates part of the screen you *tap* to go previous/next? I can see all the amazing support for swipes and multiswipes but not where I can set part of the screen like you can in the basic Kobo native reader.
hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #527
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can tweak the tapzones in the "Advanced settings" page (Tools > More tools > Advanced settings).

You're looking for DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD & DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD.

Visual aid of how the different zones are currently stacked: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-736856442
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #528
hamers
Enthusiast
hamers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (6", 4GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You can tweak the tapzones in the "Advanced settings" page (Tools > More tools > Advanced settings).

You're looking for DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD & DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD.

Visual aid of how the different zones are currently stacked: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-736856442
Wow that diagram is neat! But pardon my ignorance, I didn't see a legend which said what color meant what.

What I really, really want is a way to have forward (and maybe back, but forward priority) on both sides of the screen, as I switch up what hand I hold the reader with often.
hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #529
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, that was a dev oriented link, the layers are named properly in the XCF source, I haven't gotten around to moving that to the wiki in a more user-friendly way .

But, as far as your specific query goes, green is forward, yellow is backward. (And blue are the menus, red the footer, and the cyan corners the gesture manager's corners).

And you'll have to explain how you'd organize having *both* backward and forward on both sides, because that doesn't make much sense to me ^^.

But, you can easily shrink/empty the backward region and grow the forward region.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:16 AM   #530
congtu9630
congtu9630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Can you send me version one-click with only Koreader Ver 2020.10. With new version 2021.01, my Kobo libra read cbz file very slow. Therefore i want go back to previous version. Thank you very much
congtu9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #531
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by congtu9630 View Post
Can you send me version one-click with only Koreader Ver 2020.10. With new version 2021.01, my Kobo libra read cbz file very slow. Therefore i want go back to previous version. Thank you very much
Try 2021.02 and see if that's any better. If not, Here is a link to 2020.12. That's as far back as I have. The link expires in seven days.

https://we.tl/t-TDUf11KVw7
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #532
Brain
Enthusiast
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I wanted to have a fresh and shiny (from the inside) Kobo Aura One, so I've did a factory reset, updated the firmware and ran the package with both koreader and plato, of course it made 126 new "books" from all the included images I suppose it was about "NOTE: On FW >= 4.17, you'll need to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders."

So I'm about to do another factory reset and do it properly this time (unless it's not needed??). Since It's a fresh install and I don't have anything there, how do I find that file to modify the required values?
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #533
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf should contain:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
It'll delete all the images once you do, so you'll need to reinstall KOReader/Plato, but there's no need to reset anything.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #534
Brain
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf should contain:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
It'll delete all the images once you do, so you'll need to reinstall KOReader/Plato, but there's no need to reset anything.
Thank you. You gave me the exact info I needed

Edit: it's funny, that it's so simple, because I've spent about 6 months having exact same situation with start menu. My reader had 74 pages of books..
Old 03-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #535
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@Brain: Oddly, if you had used the install script in the second message in this thread, it would have made that configuration change for you. If you read the second note in the first message, it has a link to what change to make with the caution:
Quote:
NOTE: Another thing that bears repeating is that on FW >= 4.17, you'll probably also want to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders. And you'll want to tweak your config before unplugging your device (i.e., before installing this; or, if you've just upgraded your FW, during the first USB connection after the update).

Last edited by DNSB; 03-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:08 PM   #536
Brain
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
@Brain: Oddly, if you had used the install script in the second message in this thread, it would have made that configuration change for you. If you read the second note in the first message, it has a link to what change to make with the caution:
That is true. Even though I read it, it flew over my head, I think it's because I'm performing these operations, while enjoying a company of Jägermeister with OJ

I've successfully removed all the extra files. And menu looks quite beautiful. I love that nickelmenu is integrated right into nickel itself, as opposed to how ksm was. I do notice that both Koreader and plato crash when I tried to load them. Is there maybe a log I could upload to find out what he problem is?
Old 03-09-2021, 05:14 PM   #537
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
I've successfully removed all the extra files. And menu looks quite beautiful. I love that nickelmenu is integrated right into nickel itself, as opposed to how ksm was. I do notice that both Koreader and plato crash when I tried to load them. Is there maybe a log I could upload to find out what he problem is?
Did you reinstall the OCP after making that configuration change? As mentioned by @Frenzie, after the change is made, files get deleted so a re-install is necessary.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #538
Brain
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did you reinstall the OCP after making that configuration change? As mentioned by @Frenzie, after the change is made, files get deleted so a re-install is necessary.
I didn't. This is quite embarassing, because he did say that. Thank you very much. I'm overexcited about having my ereader squeeky clean and working as intended and testing Plato, which I've never tried before. God bless you, goodbye and goodnight.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:20 AM   #539
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And you also need a reinstall after a new firmware update.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:47 PM   #540
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've reinstalled the patches because I needed to fix one of them. Do I need to reinstall KOReader and KFMon?

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato