Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #16
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what is LOE ?

Also, is there a plan for the app version still offered in the Amazon app store?

Historically that has stayed in step with the Google store version ,but with some lag - maybe because Amazon approval process is slow and tedious?
LOE = Level of Effort

And we are working on Amazon app store update, sorry for the slow progress.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Thanks.
So the plan is that Amazon app store versions will match Google play store version. But maybe lag a little

Is it true that Amazon approval process is slower than Google's?

Also, something I mentioned in another thread, can you look at how cc will interact with the built in kindle app on Amazon tablets, for kindle formats. It was not very good before, in that it could only open a book in kindle app at the start, there was no resume at last page option via cc. That may not be fixable ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
MBA rule 27: Never use a simple Anglo Saxon word when you can use a three letter acronym containing a couple of Old French words.

LOE = Livel of Esforcier = WORK
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i did ask google.
it does not know LOE.
also tried LEO in case it was a typo nope
Old 06-02-2020, 03:44 AM   #20
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Likebook Mars with CC and Moon Reader (not with default reader, I needed Moon Reader's position sync).
CC on Mars works same as on my other devices (except that I would really like eInk-specific color theme).
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:53 AM   #21
stumped
Wizard

the issue is with built in reader apps. dunno if there are any other candidate devices that devs may need to check
Old 06-02-2020, 06:03 AM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
the issue is with built in reader apps. dunno if there are any other candidate devices that devs may need to check
The problem does not occur with Boox Android 6/9 devices, but it occurs with all Likebook Android 6 devices.
In CC you get when you select the reading application:
- Boyue OS
- xxxx
- yyyy
The log says:
Reader app found: [xxxx, yyyy, com.boyue.app.byreader]
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:45 AM   #23
stumped
Wizard

what about pocketbook. does that have a built in reader app ?
Old 06-02-2020, 07:29 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Pocketbook is no Android device.
Andoid based Devices are from Tolino (Android 4.4.2), and there CC works.
With Likebook Air there is no problem - Android 4.4.2.
I don't know of any devices other than Onyx-Boox and Boyue-Likebook that have Android> 6 and are eInk reader tablets (with built-in reading application).

Last edited by ottischwenk; 06-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #25
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You mean pocketbook e-ink readers? They do have built-in reader app but good luck installing Calibre Companion on them. They are NOT Android-based devices .
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #26
m.a.biglin
m.a.biglin began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Quote:
the " read" button mechanism in CC has changed. it now tries to hand off a copy of the book to a reader app ( as per google rules). that may not be possible with your device, for the reader app which is part of the OS. You will have to get the developers to look at it - their contact details are in app and on web store. it may not be compatible any more, or it may be a simple bug fix is all that is needed
Sorry it took me so long to reply, work is hectic.
Thanks for the info, looks like I will use a work around or go back to using moon reader.
Thanks again

Last edited by m.a.biglin; 06-03-2020 at 03:37 PM.
m.a.biglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #27
m.a.biglin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hello,

We are aware of the Likebook issue and confirmed its related to this new behavior of handing a book file off.

I will follow up when we have more information in regards to effort required to change the behavior of sending a book file to the reader apps.

Thanks,
Alex
Excellent, thank you
Old 06-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #28
m.a.biglin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
I use Likebook Mars with CC and Moon Reader (not with default reader, I needed Moon Reader's position sync).
CC on Mars works same as on my other devices (except that I would really like eInk-specific color theme).
I really like moon reader, used it on my tablet for a long time. I haven't found a color theme that works for me on the e-Ink screen. The built in E-reader is just easier on my eyes.