Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
After a bit over a week of use, I find that I'm really liking the buttons to turn the pages. I'm also liking having all my books on the device. I just wish there was a way to hook up to Calibre via wifi rather than having to connect via USB.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
After a bit over a week of use, I find that I'm really liking the buttons to turn the pages. I'm also liking having all my books on the device. I just wish there was a way to hook up to Calibre via wifi rather than having to connect via USB.
There is a way to connect via WiFi. But the problem is, it's very basic. You do not get all the features you get connecting via USB. So you lose a lot of the eBook management as well as all the features in Kobo Utilities.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:30 AM   #18
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a way to connect via WiFi. But the problem is, it's very basic. You do not get all the features you get connecting via USB. So you lose a lot of the eBook management as well as all the features in Kobo Utilities.
Could you give some detail? I really would only use it to download one or two new books. My computer is upstairs and my Kobo is usually downstairs and I don't always remember to take it upstairs when I'm downloading new books on to my computer. I have the same issue with my iPad. Generally I connect from downstairs to the content server, download the new books, then later go upstairs and connect normally to sync everything up.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #19
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
I just wish there was a way to hook up to Calibre via wifi rather than having to connect via USB.
The easiest way is to use Calibre's function "Save to disk" and save the book to the dropbox-directory that gets synced with the Forma.

As JSWolf writes, you loose a bunch of Calibre-features.

You can also take a look at "Uncaged" and see if that is more to your liking.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is the link to the Kobo-UNCaGED add on to allow to you wireless download eBooks from Calibre. Even though this doesn't do series and collections, the eBooks will be sorted once you connect to Calibre via USB.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320149
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #21
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

ok, great. Thanks both of you.

I assume that when I connect via USB and flush the metadata cache on the Forma, then the series and collection data gets picked up.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:14 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Could you give some detail? I really would only use it to download one or two new books. My computer is upstairs and my Kobo is usually downstairs and I don't always remember to take it upstairs when I'm downloading new books on to my computer. I have the same issue with my iPad. Generally I connect from downstairs to the content server, download the new books, then later go upstairs and connect normally to sync everything up.
If it is only an occasional book, the browser on the device works fine with the calibre server. You can download any supported format and it will be added to the library on the device. You miss the series info but, when you connect the device to calibre later, the driver will update this and the rest of the metadata as needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:56 AM   #23
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If it is only an occasional book, the browser on the device works fine with the calibre server. You can download any supported format and it will be added to the library on the device. You miss the series info but, when you connect the device to calibre later, the driver will update this and the rest of the metadata as needed.
thanks