Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
celiabooks
celiabooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle Keyboard still dead after new battery

Hi all,

I've done a search and tried many of the suggestions to no avail, so figured it was worth a post to see if there is anything I missed.

Kindle Keyboard was showing the "Empty Battery" screen and wouldn't turn on no matter what I tried so I got a new battery from Ebay and installed today. Still showing the "Empty Battery" screen after several hours of charging.

I have tried:
15 second reset (screen briefly goes blank, then back to Empty Battery)
40 second reset (screen briefly goes blank, then back to Empty Battery)
30 second power + 20 second home key
Connect to laptop (USB drive shows up for about 2 seconds then disappears)

I have read about Kubrick but not clear to me if that would help for this type of issue.

I'll leave it charging overnight but by now it should have enough of a charge to power on, so I'm not optimistic. Anything else I should try?

Maybe I should have just put the $20 towards a new Kindle instead of a battery!
celiabooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
celiabooks

Update:

2 seconds after I posted the above, I tried turning it on again. It got to the screen with the tree and I had to type RESET to do a factory reset, then R to exit recovery mode. Now its back to Empty Battery however. Maybe it will come to life after several more hours of charging after all...
Advert
Old 02-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by celiabooks View Post
Maybe I should have just put the $20 towards a new Kindle instead of a battery!
Ummm yeah. I think that would be a good idea. Time to move on. Not worth spending money on an old device like that. You could have used it for a new Paperwhite ..which had an excellent price a few weeks back...
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #4
celiabooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Ummm yeah. I think that would be a good idea. Time to move on. Not worth spending money on an old device like that. You could have used it for a new Paperwhite ..which had an excellent price a few weeks back...
I have a Voyage for myself, and the Keyboard was free - my wife had been using that one. We may still end up getting a new PW but I hate to throw out something that could be saved for $20!