Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-21-2019, 05:08 AM   #1
nnanard8
nnanard8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc 7
Can't connect wifi for the first installation

Hi everybody !

A friend of mine gave me a Kobo Arc 7 after he did a factory reboot.

Now when a turn on the tablet, it ask me to choose the language, after that i have a screen witch ask me to select a wifi network.
I select it, the kobo briefly connects, it says searching update for a second, then it stops and display no wifi connection it appear that you have a problem with your connection.

I tried with several others wifi networks and it's the same.

The i tried to do the first installation with kobo desktop but il does not work, the pc recognize the kobo but the program stays with the screen connect your kobo and the tablet keeps asking me fot a wifi network !

Thank you for your help !!
nnanard8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
arc 7 is ancient technology , no longer supported.
bin it, or put up with lots of frustration trying to troubleshoot it
also, see here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314807
Be sure to update your Kobo Arc by 2019-02-28 or else

you are now in the "or else" category

even if you get past the wifi issue, most apps will no longer run because its android 4 with no upgrades possible, and the world has moved on from that.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
nnanard8

ok thank you for the answer, so i need to manualy update the kobo with the good file ti be copied inside the tablet ?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
nnanard8

Ok thank you for the information, the problem is that the kobo has been factory reinitialised before doing the update.

Is the tablet definitively down ?
Old 12-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I cant say for sure if it is rescue-able or not - you will need to study the link i posted , and other related threads.

I sold my kobo arc a long time ago, when it was still worth something!

what I can say for sure is that very few apps will work in its ancient android version - & there is no official way to upgrade the customised android 4 that it was sold with.

it might still work as an offline book reader, but you would get a far better reading experience from a current kobo e-ink device. From memory the arc is 3 x the weight of a current model, and the screen is pretty basic, pixel-wise.

Kobo exited the tablet market years ago.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert