Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
mixdcrysy
mixdcrysy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Calibre Reads all newly imported Epubs as same book

Hello all. Let me start by saying I am running calibre 3.15 34bit on win 10 64 bit (the 64 bit version did not work on this laptop). For some reason, Calibre has picked a book it likes and imports this book no matter what file selection I am doing.

Can anyone offer advise on how I can resolve this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Select.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	161346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Result.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	161347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Actual Book.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	161348  
mixdcrysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Which ADD metadata mode are you using ?
filename or internal metadata.
I suspect the former (file name) with a bad template (parses filename) choice.
Try using internal metadata (Tick 'Read from File contents')
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
mixdcrysy

Thank you theducks. I will try to work on changing that to see how well it works. What disturbs me the most was that it actually pulled in the Epub file for the book that it seem to love, not the Epub file I was importing.
I fired up my win 8 & win 7 PC's that are running older versions of calibre. The files are imported correct and the corresponding epubs for the title is pulled in correctly as well.

EDIT: My add data setting is set up to read from the file name. Calibre still pulls an epub from a separate directory every time. This does not happen with the same files running on the other PCs with different windows versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	read file settings in calibre on win 10.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	161351  

Last edited by mixdcrysy; 01-07-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update: Settings are for read from file contents, but still pulls in a completely separate epub from another file directory
Old 01-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixdcrysy View Post
Thank you theducks. I will try to work on changing that to see how well it works. What disturbs me the most was that it actually pulled in the Epub file for the book that it seem to love, not the Epub file I was importing.
I fired up my win 8 & win 7 PC's that are running older versions of calibre. The files are imported correct and the corresponding epubs for the title is pulled in correctly as well.

EDIT: My add data setting is set up to read from the file name. Calibre still pulls an epub from a separate directory every time. This does not happen with the same files running on the other PCs with different windows versions.
No it is not. Look at the first tick Which adds to the puzzle
Either there is NO internal metadata, or it is wrong (corrupt)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
A couple of questions which might help to figure out what's going on...
Which add book function are you using to get this error?
Do you get the same results when you drag and drop the ebook file into Calibre you wish to add?
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #6
mixdcrysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
A couple of questions which might help to figure out what's going on...
Which add book function are you using to get this error?
Do you get the same results when you drag and drop the ebook file into Calibre you wish to add?
I was using the add book from directories, including sub directories ( multiple). I also tried the one book per directory and add from a single directory. I realized my typo in the previous response, theduck, so I apologise. I tried to import with this checked or unchecked as well. I get the same book (meta data & epub file) every time. Using version 2.41 on win 7 imported the books fine, as well as on 2.80 on win 8.

I am not sure why the configuration on the newest pc is bringing in an ebook nowhere near the directory but I guess I can use the other pcs in the meantime while I figure out why it's happening. If the file was corrupted, then would it have imported on previous versions of Calibre? And yes, dragging the correct epub into a blank book had the same result, Calibre pulls the same epub in, over and over.

Last edited by mixdcrysy; 01-12-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@mixdcrysy - try adding books when calibre has no optional plugins loaded, see calibre command.

Try creating a new library and adding books to it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #8
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Is your Calibre library on a server or on the PC you are having problems with?
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, import