Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 AM   #1
mjgasior
mjgasior began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 631 Touch HD
Reader with best dictionaries for 2017

Yesterday I have recieved my PocketBook 631 Touch HD and I was disappointed with the quality of german to english dictionary. I have written about it on the forum, but no reply as for now. I still have 2 weeks to return my device and get someting new and better. The question is - is there anything working any better? The most important dictionary for me is german to english. I'd like it to be able to find not only the base forms of verbs and singular forms of nouns, but also take the conjugation into consideration. At best - the same with adjectives.
mjgasior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgasior View Post
The question is - is there anything working any better? The most important dictionary for me is german to english.
IMHO, Kindle eInk readers come with the best free dictionaries, and if you buy a 6th generation Kindle Paperwhite (AKA Paperwhite 2) or better, you can download the Oxford German-English dictionary for free, if you register your Kindle with Amazon and connect it to the Internet. (Depending on your location you might have to trigger the download via your Amazon account.)
To give you an idea about the dictionary quality, I took two screenshots on my PW2. (As you can see in the screenshot, the German-English dictionary has full inflection support.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dictionary_preview.png
Views:	358
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	156966   Click image for larger version

Name:	oxford_de_en_lookup.png
Views:	360
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	156967  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert