Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
epub in formats list - add open with, or edit, option

dunno if this has been discussed before.

when working on epubs, sometimes I want to click & see the text in calibre reader, other times I want to open book for editing in sigil.

is it practical for calibre to ever add a right click open with option to this window, or ad some alternative mechansim to select view or edit options ?

i get to sigil now from calibre via click to open, then double click .epub file which is not a long route, but every ( saved) click helps!

PS just found the older discussion in similar threads.

I am seeking an epub only implementation which should be easier.

it is also already ok to have sigil set as the default program for opening epub and to rely on that fact for an edit .
that setting does not stop calibre from using it's internal epub viewer to display the epub file when it is selected within calibre

Last edited by cybmole; 01-14-2011 at 03:02 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's a plugin for that. Look in the plugins sticky.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok - I navigated the scary plug-ins thread instructions & got that working. I would have preferred it to activate via the R H window - list of book formats but as they are links that could be harder.

So, is there any way to assign a keyboard shortcut to this new edit epub option, or to move it to the top of the right click menu choices please - then it would be two key presses - the right click special KB key, followed by enter ?

i guess i need to study the even more scary generalised open with - plugin. do I have to remove the one I jsut installed before adding that, or can they both be live ?

Last edited by cybmole; 01-14-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Use the open with, it should, generally speaking, be less scary, as it uses some newer features as well as a custom GUI for config, I believe. I'd advise you to ask in the plugin thread for advice, though, I just tested the first version for grins and giggles. Kiwidude is the author of the plugin, as far as I know- he seems to be very helpful.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

super - much easier to do 2nd. time around.
I just used his sigil example, and changed program folder path to include (x86)

it's not quite done - I can open in sigil with alt - E which was my main need,
but I don't actually see any new open with...sub menu. his code, which I pasted references sigil.png & I have no such file in my sigil isntall - that could be why ? (seems not - I found an icon file & created a file of that name - )
Code:
from PyQt4.Qt import Qt
owp_open_with_menus = [('EPUB (Sigil)', 'EPUB', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Sigil\\Sigil.exe', None, 'sigil.png', Qt.AltModifier+Qt.Key_E)]
or is it because I have both tweaks installed ?

PS I have been backing up all my calibre settings by backing up
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\calibre
will that back up all of this plugin related stuff also

UPDAtE - whoops - i missed a step - forgot the customise toolbar bit _ i see the menu now. I also see how to shuffle the menu order - so all done - thanks.

Last edited by cybmole; 01-14-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Advert