Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

Scratchbox and app testing

Whenever I try to run an app in scratchbox (ie. DISPLAY=:0 ./xpyraminx/xpyraminx) I get the message:
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

Is there an X11 config setting that would disallow connections to the X server?

-Mythago
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
How are you running scratchbox? Is it inside a virtual machine, or in a regular desktop linux install (Ubuntu?)?

By default, most linux distros don't allow remote X connections. You'll have to enable it in your display manager. For Ubuntu using GDM, edit /etc/gdm/gdm.conf. Change DisallowTCP=true to DisallowTCP=false. Then you'll need to restart you X session (Ctrl + Alt + Backspace or full restart). Then, you'll need to allow remote connections. You can allow all remote connections by entering "xhost +" in the command line, or "xhost + ipaddress" for a specific host.

If you're still having problems connecting to your xsession, make sure the port is open. Install nmap "sudo apt-get install nmap", and then test your computer "nmap -v -A localhost". If everything is setup correctly, you should see: "Discovered open port 6000/tcp on 127.0.0.1".
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

I'm running Debian via vmware as described in the wiki.

Your first solution worked fine. I can now run the apps locally.

Thanks!
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote