Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Multi-Device Sync?

Love Calibre, but it would be even better, if it had multi-device synk.

In other words, I'd love to be able to maintain the same library across two or more devices.

It's a pain keeping track of what is loaded on my K2, and trying to keep it the same as my K-DX.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will son be getting the ability to keep track of books on devices. When it has that you will be able to easily see what books in your library are on the device or not when you connect the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kovid! You rock!!!

Are we there yet... ?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Are we there yet... ?
I'm working on it. It's just one of many changes to dealing with devices. Metadata caching, showing which books are on the device/in the library, syncing from device to library, sync actions such as: all books not on the device, only books that have been added to the library in the last x days for instance. It's going to be a bit longer than soon unfortunately it's quite a bit of work and due to my job I've had and will continue to have reduced to work on it until the end of the month.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm working on it. It's just one of many changes to dealing with devices. Metadata caching, showing which books are on the device/in the library, syncing from device to library, sync actions such as: all books not on the device, only books that have been added to the library in the last x days for instance. It's going to be a bit longer than soon unfortunately it's quite a bit of work and due to my job I've had and will continue to have reduced to work on it until the end of the month.
FWIW: The new Catalog feature has a "Latest Month" listing in the its TOC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
Sonist
Apeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post

Thank you!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
I'm not sure if it's considered appropriate to say "me too" on the forum, but, I'm looking forward to this feature whenever it's implemented. I have a Kindle and a smart phone and right now I just carry a few ebooks in each, while trying to whip my library into shape with Calibre's metadata import functions.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote