Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
hey i just got windows tcc. i opened it from cmd and typed -run a0\gui.c but it gives and error sys/mman.h not found. pls help!
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
it expects to be compiled on the device you are trying to compile for.

I have said that a few times now. : ) TCC is for on the device. we lack a truly native gcc right now...

Grab the one I linked or even better grab a x-compiler Tool Chain if you do actually wish to cross compile in the manner you are describing mate

sorry for any confusion.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You can install a win32 version of tcc, but it will create programs that run on windows. And it needs the header files you can get from the same place you got win32 tcc.

The kindle tcc package I put together includes the tinycc header package and the ARM debian header files and the amazon kindle GPL headers for multiple kindle models. It runs on all the eink kindles, and it creates code that runs on them too.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #19
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Problem 5.1.2

Hi!
Mplayer GUI not working correctly for Kindle fimware 5.1.2.
GUI Launcher does not start after play music. Strange is happening with the interface. Problems in mplayer.sh or mplayer.
khseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
askak
Enthusiast
askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khseal View Post
Hi!
GUI Launcher does not start after play music. Strange is happening with the interface. Problems in mplayer.sh or mplayer.
I have the same problem, in my case with playlist.
askak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by askak View Post
I have the same problem, in my case with playlist.
if you run it via SSH I believe you get error output?
what does that say?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #22
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
if you run it via SSH I believe you get error output?
what does that say?
I'm run it via SSH Wi-FI mplayer and mplayer.sh. Mplayer work normally and GUI Launcher work normally. Strange...
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #23
twobob

Quote:
I'm run it via SSH Wi-FI mplayer and mplayer.sh. Mplayer work normally and GUI Launcher work normally. Strange...
Yeah.... I would have to guess that the "extension launcher" is mangled

it COULD be the gui script that is not working I suppose.
you tried running the exact script that the launcher uses via SSH? right?

And no obvious errors?

my last thought would be to remove the other extensions (so it's a clean menu) and try it again. the Extension Menu does have a funny habit of getting confused sometimes.

It's a TOTAL guess but I hope it helps : )
Old 10-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
khseal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yeah.... I would have to guess that the "extension launcher" is mangled

it COULD be the gui script that is not working I suppose.
you tried running the exact script that the launcher uses via SSH? right?

And no obvious errors?

my last thought would be to remove the other extensions (so it's a clean menu) and try it again. the Extension Menu does have a funny habit of getting confused sometimes.

It's a TOTAL guess but I hope it helps : )
I deleted all the Extensions without MPlayer. Problem not solved. I ran gui script in SSH. There is only error "rm: can't remove '/tmp/mpgui.fifo': No such file or directory"
With this interface, the same problem https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170213

Last edited by khseal; 10-31-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
askak
Enthusiast
askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Well I've found out that everything is related to the screensavers. Check this out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=22 or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=30.
The options I've tried to disable screensavers with mplayer
Quote:
mplayer −heartbeat−cmd "xscreensaver−command −deactivate"
and
Quote:
−(no)stop−xscreensaver
don't work. Maybe other script for the touchwill be necessary?

Anyway, do screensavers add lifetime to the screen? I'm a bit concerned because I was thinking on running maybe 1 hour+ mplayer and probably just poweroff the kindle with a script. In my laptop I just switch off the screen, I read is better than screensavers, but with e-ink screens I don't know.
askak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by askak View Post
Well I've found out that everything is related to the screensavers. Check this out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=22 or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=30.
The options I've tried to disable screensavers with mplayer and don't work. Maybe other script for the touchwill be necessary?

Anyway, do screensavers add lifetime to the screen? I'm a bit concerned because I was thinking on running maybe 1 hour+ mplayer and probably just poweroff the kindle with a script. In my laptop I just switch off the screen, I read is better than screensavers, but with e-ink screens I don't know.
It makes no difference, the e-ink display is entirely passive except when changing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons