Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 09:55 AM   #436
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeyer0 View Post
Making "Edit Collections manually..." work with Qt6 is actually surprisingly easy if you're comfortable with editing source code.

Just go to where your plugins live (~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins on my Mac), unzip "Kindle Collections.zip", and make a couple of minor changes to utilities.py:

where it references
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.UserType
change that to
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.ItemType.UserType

and where it references
Qt.ItemFlags
change that to
Qt.ItemFlag

zip "Kindle Collections.zip" back up, restart calibre, and it's just working for me. Hope this helps someone.

This works a damn treat on windows too..
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:21 AM   #437
rekishi
rekishi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hello, it's me again with a problem...

I'm not sure anymore when I last updated the plugin, bit anyway it's the newest version. For various reason, it's been a while since I needed to create new ones...

Anyway, I can create new collections just fine and books also get sorted as they're supposed to.

But latest collection opened after restarting the kindle no longer pops to the top, but goes under the last few collections created (so basically the new collections are like 'sticky posts' always on top). Also, when I open a file in the collection and exit it again, it no longer goes to the top but stays on the place where it was. With multiple pages in a collection that's impractical.

I'm on a kindle 4 and run the newest version of Calibre (6.11) and the plugin. I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it, same result.

I attached the debug log and the json (and json.compare, since that was the only one with the date for today) for reference again as txt files since it won't let me up the json. I understand you don't have a ton of time currently, @NiLuJe, but I wanted to flag this for when you touch this the next time. It's probably due to the age of my kindle, so of course I understand if this can't be fixed.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpyubgzp7h.txt (496.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: txt collections.json.txt (50.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: txt collections.json.compare.txt (51.7 KB, 69 views)
rekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2023, 03:30 PM   #438
rekishi
rekishi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I reset the kindle (entering the wifi password on a kindle 4 is not fun) and also reverted back to Calibre 5.44 (just reverting back didn't help) and it seems like it might be working again? It's still strange.
rekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 02:49 PM   #439
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, that just sounds like clock drift (or some sort of out of sync clock, at least).

That issue was probably taken care of by the reset, which is why things appear to behave again.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 10:00 PM   #440
avggeek
avggeek began at the beginning.

Device: 2022 iPad Air, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Are there any folks on here who use this plugin with multiple Kindle devices?

I'll be getting a new Kindle soon (hopefully one that can JB'ed) and I'd like to have some collections on 1 device and different collections on the 2nd device. Is there a way to achieve this?
avggeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2023, 01:43 PM   #441
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Setting are device-specific, so, yeah, that'll work.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:06 AM   #442
avggeek
avggeek began at the beginning.

Device: 2022 iPad Air, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Setting are device-specific, so, yeah, that'll work.

Now I just hope the kindle that arrives has a firmware version that I can jailbreak
avggeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 05:38 AM   #443
zevi svei
zevi svei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite ,boox tab ultra
I try to activate the extension, and in every option I choose I get the following message,
calibre, version 6.13.0
Kindle Collections: Please run "Customize collections" and select OK to save your customizations before running Edit Collections.<P>

what does this mean?
zevi svei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:04 AM   #444
Finferlo
Finferlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Good evening, I have a Kindle 11 with firmware 5.11.1.1 this plugin It doesn't work, am I doing something wrong?
Finferlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:14 AM   #445
Finferlo
Finferlo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finferlo View Post
Good evening, I have a Kindle 11 with firmware 5.11.1.1 this plugin It doesn't work, am I doing something wrong?
sorry: 5.15.1.1
Finferlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:09 AM   #446
xinpig
xinpig began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2015
'CalibreInfo' object has no attribute 'lpath_info'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.create_preview ", line 68, in create
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 39, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 62, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 216, in load_kindle_books
AttributeError: 'CalibreInfo' object has no attribute 'lpath_info'

got this while trying to create a collection. 1.7.29 plugin, 6.14.1 calibre
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:41 AM   #447
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinpig View Post
6.14.1 calibre
The plugin hasn't been updated to support Calibre 6.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:30 PM   #448
andregaliza
andregaliza began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
This works a damn treat on windows too..
It works great on calibre version 6.14.1 on windows 10 and with a kindle 4.1.

For newbies (like me) these are the steps I had to follow:
1-previously uninstall the kindle collections plugin from calibre(did not work).
2-download the original plugin from the forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244202)
3-Open (do not extract) the downloaded kindle Collections.zip file with the 7-zip program and then edit the utilities.py file, as indicated by dmeyer0.
4-Save the edited file and then close 7-zip.
5- Start calibre and install the kindle Collections.zip that we have modified. And voila, it works perfectly.
andregaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #449
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregaliza View Post
It works great on calibre version 6.14.1 on windows 10 and with a kindle 4.1.

For newbies (like me) these are the steps I had to follow:
1-previously uninstall the kindle collections plugin from calibre(did not work).
2-download the original plugin from the forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244202)
3-Open (do not extract) the downloaded kindle Collections.zip file with the 7-zip program and then edit the utilities.py file, as indicated by dmeyer0.
4-Save the edited file and then close 7-zip.
5- Start calibre and install the kindle Collections.zip that we have modified. And voila, it works perfectly.

What do you have to edit in that file?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:25 AM   #450
dmeyer0
dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...72#post4269772 for the changes I made.
dmeyer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle